Saturday, June 11, 2022

June 11th's Weekly TV Thoughts

American Ninja Warrior – I’m trying to remember what they did last season, if they had the qualifier across the country or in the same place like they will be doing this year.  Honestly, it’s got to be cheaper even if they fly constants in (don’t know if they do that or not) rather than breaking down the obstacles and moving them each time.  Anyway….  So great to have the show back.  Two proposals, four mega wall finishers, too.  The salmon roll was intense and the other new obstacles are crazy but fun to watch.  I’d do horribly on them, but it is definitely fun to watch.

The Weakest Link – I knew the one woman who was constantly the strongest link was going to be voted out in the final round.  I don’t blame the contestants.  Sitting here at home, I want her to win.  But if I were on the show, I wouldn’t want to be facing her either.  They has some weird ones on tonight.  For example, I’m happy when a husband loves his wife, but that guy was over the top about it.

Superman & Lois – I knew we were going to have another week off before we get the final two episodes of the season.  But they leave us there?  And there are two episodes left?  I don’t see how they are going to drag this out two more episodes.  And so much going on in the episode, too.  Everyone had their moment to shine.  I love watching Clark be a father.  He’s so good at it.  A couple of classic lines, too.

Holey Moley – I’ve gone back and forth on the Muppets thing, but I really enjoyed those scenes tonight.  The reaction to the distractor, however, were too over the top and more annoying than funny.  I really figured the stunt performer would do well, and I’m sorry we only got to see him on two holes.  Still, very impressed he actually grabbed the trapeze dummy.  And the guy who won made it through the donuts, too.  Both were impressive.

Obi-Wan Kenobi – Great episode.  I’m really like Leia again.  Frankly, that was some scary stuff they gave her.  One cover blown and one dead person to get her out, too.  They do love their dues ex machina’s, however.  That save came out of nowhere.  Not quite as bad a cliffhanger this week, but still, I’m anxious to see where they are going next.

Ms. Marvel – That was interesting.  I get that they were going for something different, but the way it was shot was just a little too different for me.  Gimmicky without any pay off for it.  The ending, including the mid-credits scene, piqued my interest.  I was planning to be back as it was, but I’m more curious about where they are going thanks to those scenes.

The Flash – I’ve really struggled with the characters at the Citizen this season, so you can imagine how frustrated I was with the entire episode here.  Hopefully, this has resolved some of those conflicts, but I’m not hopeful.  The writers seem to like to do resets these days instead of actually growing characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.