Saturday, June 25, 2022

June 25th's Weekly TV Thoughts

American Ninja Warrior – That was scary with Chris at the beginning, but glad to see he and Jessie moving on.  Actually, a lot of the regulars did well, although we didn’t get to see much of their runs.  Hopefully, we see a little more of them next time they are on.

The Weakest Link – That last vote was predictable.  Yes, I was shouting GREAT PUMPKIN at the screen for the first question in the final round.  Unfortunately, she couldn’t hear me.

Superman and Lois – Wow!  Just wow.  I really don’t know what to say.  I know last new episode, I said I didn’t know how they were going to drag this out for two more episodes.  Now, I don’t know how they are going to fix this is one.  This episode was slow in a few ways, but that didn’t make it any less good.  The conversations the characters were having were outstanding.  Character arcs were great.  This was a top notch episode of TV.

Holey Moley – Fun third host this week, but not as great as Kermit.  The opening where Rob tried to be the sportscaster was pretty fun.  Actually, they took him a step back this week, which was nice.  He’s funny when he’s not so over the top.  I’m just trying to figure out if that was actually ice they were putting on for The Distractor, or if that was just a white surface.  Quite a few impressive puts overall, too.

Obi-Wan Kenobi – They did it.  They wrapped everything up.  It was predictable in parts, but I appreciated what they did overall, and the journey the characters went on.  After a rough couple of early episodes, this one grew stronger.  Best Star Wars series to date.

Ms. Marvel – I’m struggling with this one more than I thought I would.  I think part of it is I find many of the characters annoying.  Not the main characters, but the supporting characters.  And we have a villain now, but I feel like the lack of patience came on way too quickly.  I might have bought they more in the next episode.

The Flash – I don’t believe that cliffhanger in the slightest.  I mean, Nora and Bart would be gone if that were true.  They’ll find some way to reverse it.  Frankly, it just feels very weird.  The vibe from this season has been all wrong.  You can tell they wrote this thinking it was a series finale.  I’m wishing it were.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.