Sunday, October 9, 2022

Disney Pin Review: it's a small world - Mickey Mouse the Main Attraction #4 - 2022 Release

Stars: 4 out of 5
Pros: Obviously represents it’s a small world
Cons: One element isn’t clear
The Bottom Line:
Mickey visits small
Overall, a good entry
But there’s one strange part


A Small Confusion in this Pin

Whether you love or hate the classic Disney attraction it’s a small world, it’s hard to argue it isn’t a major attraction people associate with Disney parks.  Mickey certainly agrees, so he is visiting as part of his Mickey Mouse the Main Attraction series.  Despite my love of the ride, I have a serious question about this pin.

In keeping with the color pallet of the attraction, Mickey is in pastels for this pin.  That includes his face, which is a pink color, and his ears, which are lavender.  He’s wearing blue pants with a large checkered pattern in them.  And on his ears, we have numbers just like on the outside of the attraction.

My question comes from the pin on pin element.  What the heck is it?  It’s just below Mickey’s chin, and my first thought was some kind of bow tie.  However, upon closer look, I spotted what looks like a pocket watch with the smiling face of the clock in the attraction on it.  But aren’t pocket watches kept in pockets?  Not up chest high?

That confusion aside, I do like the pin.  With the colors and the numbers, it is easy to tell what attraction Mickey is visiting this month.  I just wish they had thought through the one element a bit more to make sure it was obvious what it was supposed to be.

Overall, this is a good addition to the Mickey Mouse the Main Attraction pin series.  I just wish it were completely obvious what the one element is supposed to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.