Saturday, October 22, 2022

October 22nd's Weekly TV Thoughts

Magpie Murders – I’ve yet to actually read any of Anthony Horowitz’s books, but I have heard a lot of about them, so I decided to give this adaptation a try.  It took a bit to get into with switch between all the characters and the book vs. real life, but I’m definitely intrigued.  I’m looking forward to seeing how this evolves.

Dancing with the Stars (10/17) – It’s always hard to see someone leave due to health reasons.  I’ve enjoyed watching Selma dance, but I’m glad she is doing what she needs to do for her long-term health.  Memorable year is always a good night, and this night didn’t disappoint.

Quantum Leap – I’m loving this different take on romantic tension.  It’s a great change from the typical will they/won’t they.  This is the first time I’ve felt like they were referencing racial or sexist attitudes, and I loved how they subtlety handled it.  It was obvious what they were talking about, but it wasn’t preachy and it made us care more about the outcome.  And what a great way to resolve things.  I knew they’d come up with something like that, but I couldn’t figure out how.

Dancing with the Stars (10/18) – How evil!  They really required them to have four new dances this week.  Monday night, Tuesday night, and the two for the dance off.  I mean, ouch!  That makes the first perfect scores of the season even more impressive.  I’m enjoying watching the teams grow that are growing, but it is fairly obvious who the winner is going to be – Charlie and Mark.  I don’t know why Derek and Mark always get the young, athletic women, but they do seem to have a distinct advantage when it comes to this show.

Stargirl – We actually got some nice movement forward.  Several things came to light.  Quite a few suspenseful scenes, including that cliffhanger.  And some pretty funny moments, too, especially with Courtney and her family.  But I want to know who is watching the cameras.  And, of course, I want to know how Pat is going to get back and what happened to the brother and minor details like that.

Survivor – Never throw a challenge.  It always comes back to bite you in the end.  You’d think people would have learned that by now.  No, he wasn’t the one voted out, but the other person who was actually in his alliance was the person voted out, and because of his advantage.  Speaking of which, that explains why they had the immunity challenge so early.  It always throws me off when they break the formula like that.

The Real Love Boat – Same pairings at the end of the episode as at the beginning.  I definitely feel sorry for the guy who joined this week.  I have a feeling it is going to be harder and harder for the new comers to make connections from here on out.  Or, at least, I hope it will be if these couples are as serious as they claim to be.  Then again, it’s hard to know for sure in such a short time what someone is like and how you really feel.

Lego Masters – Still not sure how I feel about a new team being added for no reason mid-season.  Okay, it was early season, but still.  They were impressive in their initial build.  Honestly, most everyone was.  I can see why the teams in the bottom were there, but I still liked their tree houses.  Such creativity from everyone.

The Amazing Race – The daughter wasn’t nearly as annoying this week.  She didn’t redeem herself, and I’m not sorry to see her go, but at least she wasn’t annoying me.  Jordan looked amazing.  I would love to go visit someday.  And I feel sorry for the twin who got hurt.  Hopefully, she is better next week.

So Help Me Todd – The show was picked up for a full season this week, but I’m debating if I want to continue or not.  The mysteries are good, but I feel like they are trying too hard with the comedy.  It is more painful than it is funny.  But I really enjoy seeing justice done with these stories.

1 comment:

  1. I'd not stumbled over "Magpie Murders" before and it looks interesting. Plus it's available through my Amazon Prime subscription. Good. A binge watch to replace "Longmire" which I just finished (and found the last season and ending totally disappointing.)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.