Saturday, October 15, 2022

October 15th's Weekly TV Thoughts

You might have noticed that Wednesday is my super busy day of television, with some of it bleeding over to Thursdays.  I'm out every other Thursday, but I was home this week.  And what happened?  One of my Wednesday shows got bumped, so I had less to watch than normal.  Oh well.  But I found the irony funny.

Dancing with the Stars – When they announced this week was Disney+ night instead of Disney night, I was a bit concerned.  Yes, some of the choices were a stretch (pop songs that have been used in adjacent movies), but most of the choices fit the old fashioned Disney week theme.  I hope they feel like they can recycle some of the songs in the future since they have done so many of the classics already.  No real surprise who went home.  It seems like people in the bottom two are leaving the following week if saved this season.

Quantum Leap – And this is yet another reason why I was trying to watch the original series this summer and wish I’d gotten more.  I knew what was going to be revealed about Magic’s connection to Sam in this episode, and I really appreciated how they played it out.  I’ve often wondered what things were like for the person who was leapt into, so I liked that take on it.  Pretty interesting Leap as well.  So glad this show got picked up for more episodes.

Stargirl – I’m glad that some of the secrets are out.  And when this show wants to do a fight scene, they do an amazing fight scene.  Those are always the best.  So who has been watching them?  That’s definitely a creepy cliffhanger.

Survivor – We had one challenge without a puzzle.  I think that’s a first this season.  As much as they overdue the puzzles, the puzzle in the second one was cool with the two things you can make from one set of pieces.  Kind of like the other teams making sure the final tribe went to tribal.  Paranoia always gets you in this game.  Sorry to see it got Lindsay.

The Real Love Boat – Context matters.  I thought that Brooke was being overly dramatic in the preview from last week.  But when we actually saw her breakdown in context, with her partner being gone from the ship (and I wonder what happened with him – hope he’s okay), I actually felt sorry for her.  Yes, I am getting sucked in by the soap opera of it all, but it is clear that I am not the right audience for this show.  Some of their responses to the questions (thinking of Brooke again), really made that clear.  Isn’t a low number of partners always a good thing?

The Amazing Race – I admit, I don’t have patience for hard tasks.  Especially when I’m tired.  But I’d at least try something before taking the penalty.  Yes, I get it, she knew they were already in last place and it probably wouldn’t matter, but still.  At least try for a bit before you quit.  And you also don’t quit when you’ve just completed a task.  Yes, I was very annoyed by both those women in the episode.

She-Hulk: Attorney at Law – There was definitely some fun to be had here.  I loved the part where she confronted the Marvel writers and head.  But it felt a little too, I don’t know, weird.  It certainly fit the rest of the show, but overall, this has been very uneven for me.

So Help Me Todd – I think this was my favorite episode so far.  I feel like the mother solved more of the case than the detective, but I mostly enjoyed how they worked together.  She can still be a bit too overbearing, however.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.