Saturday, October 8, 2022

October 8th's Weekly TV Thoughts

I did it.  I got completely caught up on my TV shows, which means I've got about a week and a half's worth to talk about here.  It helped that I spent time this last weekend watching the shows from last week.  But all the shows I have to watch on Wednesdays certainly don't help.  Seriously, could it have killed the networks to put some of them on Tuesday, when I have nothing I'm watching?

Survivor (9/28) – I thought they had the challenge early for a 90 minute episode until we got to that twist at the end with the Beware advantage.  What a brilliant way to get all the beads, too.  Of course, they had to keep us guessing until the end if he got them all or not.  Not sure how I feel about who went home since we don’t really know anyone yet.

LegoMasters (9/28) – The season was originally supposed to air over the summer, so this would have been timed to air a couple of weeks before the new Jurassic World movie came out.  Even though it aired a few months too late for that, it was a fun theme, and Chris Pratt was funny in his guest star role.  Too much ground work is definitely a flaw in the bottom teams, but it’s probably what I would do as well.

The Amazing Race (9/28) – If you aren’t musical, this episode wasn’t for you.  All music challenges seems a bit unfair.  Although the one team did pick up lots of time to finish in the middle of the pack.  I definitely would have gone for the bells since I played in a bell choir for a bit.  And how far behind were the cheerleaders that they still came in almost last after the team that barely left the yodeling before them finished in the middle of the pack?  I will say, while I felt sorry for that woman who struggled yodeling, she finished after six tries while most people were taking three.  While frustrating, and I do feel for her, it wasn’t as bad as they edited it to look.

So Help Me Todd (9/29) – I’m on the fence about this one.  I hope they tone the mother down some, including her tech stupidity.  I hate that stereotype.  Her controlling nature also was annoying.  But I feel like there is some promise in the series, so I’ll give it another week or two.

Dancing with the Stars – I actually got to watch the show live for the first time ever!  Okay, that’s irrelevant.  We are starting to see the stars that are really improving and the ones who are going to be cut first.  Sorry to see Louis and Cheryl go, but I can understand why the judges didn’t save them a second week.  I fear that Cheryl and Sam will be going next week.

Quantum Leap – The third episode in, they did a boxing episode.  In the original show, they did a boxing episode for the third episode.  I still feel like the stuff taking place in the modern times with the team is the weakest aspect of the show, but boy (or is that “Oh boy”) are they nailing the feel of the jumps.

Stargirl – Fracturing the group again.  I get that we need some conflict, but I feel like we’ve seen this script before.  Yes, the reasons have changed, but that’s about it.

Survivor – Two bead idols out there now.  I’m impressed with how the people who took the advantage were able to play things to get what they needed.  I wouldn’t be able to do that.  I’ll admit, I was hoping that the team that hadn’t lost yet would go to tribal.  I’d really like to see the teams be even going into any swaps or merges for something different.  But doesn’t look like that will be the case this time either.

The Real Love Boat – Yes, I know, I don’t typically watch reality dating shows.  And I could completely tell why watching this show.  So completely cheesy.  And it takes longer than this show will last to build a real relationship.  But yes, I’m going to keep watching the show.  Most likely.  We’ll see how the season progresses.  If it gets to be too much drama, I’ll probably disembark.

LegoMasters – I enjoy seeing the challenges where it is build something that will last as long as it can.  They also do a good job with those.  The mother/son team is definitely one to watch out for.  I think they will go far.  With the grandfathers being in the bottom two twice in a row, it was sadly time for them to go.  I get them wanted to add twists, but introducing a new team after three weeks?  Not fair.  Definitely not a fan of that.

The Amazing Race – I figured they had to have several of these mega legs in order to have enough episodes since there are no non elimination legs.  I definitely noticed that they treated this like a regular leg and didn’t show us any of the teams after they finished that Road Block.  I definitely would have struggled with putting that bike together.  I am not mechanically inclined.  So my hat is off to everyone who did it.  Watching the teams struggling to drive the stick shifts was painful, however.

She-Hulk: Attorney at Law – I haven’t watched the Daredevil series (watched the first episode years ago, and it was too dark for me), so I wasn’t among those thrilled he was going to be on the show.  However, I truly enjoyed his appearance here.  I liked him with Jenn.  And I really liked it when they teamed up.  Not a fan of the cliffhanger, however.

So Help Me Todd – I get where this show is supposed to be funny.  I just don’t find it funny.  I find it pretty annoy, actually.  But I do find the mystery intriguing enough I’ll give it another week to see what I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.