Sunday, October 30, 2022

October 30th's Sunday/Monday Post

It's late.  I should be in bed.  Instead, I'm here creating a Sunday/Monday post.  Let's see if I can do this quickly.  I'm linking up to:

Sunday Post
Sunday Salon
Stacking the Shelves
Mailbox Monday
It's Monday, What are You Reading?

Nothing unusual happened at work this week.  Close started Friday with day -2.  That means this coming week will be crazy.  Which is saying something because this last week was pretty crazy as well.

And Saturday was pretty crazy.  Got in a paddle at the lake early in the morning.  It was supposed to get windy in the afternoon, although it didn't seem that bad when I was out and about.  Then I met a couple of friends to do an escape room that some high schoolers created and were putting on at the local library.  We actually have three branches in my town, and this was the closest one to me.  As in I walked there and back.

Finally, some friends were hosting their annual Halloween party.  Sadly, this is about the only time I see them these days, but it is always wonderful to see them.  It's why I'm getting this post up when I should be in bed Sunday morning.  We were playing The Game of Things and laughing so hard at each other's answers.  Definitely a case of you needed to be there, but I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.

So that's my week in a nutshell.

This Past Week on the Blog:

This Coming Week on the Blog:

Sunday - Disney Pin Review: Palm Parlor - Windows of Main Street
Monday - October Reading Summary
Tuesday - Book Review: A Book Club to Die For by Dorothy St. James
Wednesday - Movie Review: Lover Come Back
Thursday - Book Review: Secrets in the Stacks by Lynn Cahoon
Friday - 3 novella reviews
Saturday - Weekly TV Thoughts

Book Haul:

I was doing so good.  I just had two pre-orders come in.  Up first was A Doomful of Sugar by Catherine Bruns.  I really want to read more of her books, and the first in a new series with a maple syrup theme sounds promising.  Then there was Murder at the Majestic Hotel by Clara McKenna.  This is the fourth in a great historical series, and I can't wait to find out what happens next.  Both of these were physical books.

Then I got the heads up about a couple of deals on Kindle books that I couldn't pass up.  Friday, Lakeside and Larceny by S. C. Merritt was free.  I already have the first but haven't read it yet.  Still, how can I stop from getting the second for free.  Then today, Bad Housekeeping by Maia Chance was on sale cheap.  I've read other books by this author, and always meant to try this series.  At that price, I had to pick it up.



What I'm Currently Reading:

I'm working on Peril in Paris by Rhys Bowen.  This is the newest in her series set in the 1930's and
featuring Georgie, a minor royal.  So far, I'm not that far into the book, we've just barely arrived in Paris.  I was hoping to make it further today, but I didn't have much reading time.  (Go back and look at what I did today.  I was hoping to finish this on Monday, but we'll see how much I get read on Sunday.

Have a fun Halloween tomorrow and a great week.

21 comments:

  1. Paddling in a lake sounds so good. I also have Peril in Paris on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting together with friends and laughing sounds great!

    best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you're having a good Halloween weekend. The cozies in your book haul look fun! Here's my SP: https://bonniereadsandwrites.com/2022/10/30/sundaypost-football-noahs-ark-and-tomatoes/

    ReplyDelete
  4. It must be so nice to live so close to the library you can walk to it. I would hang out there quite frequently if I had one that close to me. I just ordered A Doomful of Sugar and cannot wait to read it. I have not read any of her other books yet. Have a great week! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a busy week. Paris in Peril is on my wishlist. I haven't read all the books in that series, but I did enjoy the ones I read. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you're having a fun weekend, I hope your week won't be as bad as you're expecting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. An escape room sounds fun. And I like that Rhys Bowen series.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a great weekend. Enjoy your book haul!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Our library system does tons of great escape rooms for kids and teens. How cool that they let high schoolers create their own.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We got together with friends on Friday and had some good laughs, too. Isn't that the best? Do you live on a lake? Jealously wishing I did.

    My Sunday Salon post

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haven't been to a Halloween party in years, maybe decades. I guess we have boring friends! :) But I can appreciate the pleasure of laughing with friends. We all need that! Hope you have a terrific week and find a little more time to read a good book.
    Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys
    https://www.bookshelfjourneys.com/post/sunday-post-22

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad you had such a great time with your friends. I'm sorry you don't get to see them more often and I'm sorry you're sleep deprived. :D

    My Post

    ReplyDelete
  13. I do hope your week isn't too crazy busy! I'm sure that must be rough on you.

    I can't pass up bargain books. I wish I could. But I look every day to see if any books on my list are on sale and I often buy one when it is.

    Oh my! Peril in Paris...I can't resist anything-Paris. I'm adding this to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Escape Rooms! Unfortunately, I haven't been to one since before the pandemic. But, now my daughter is old enough to go, so hopefully there will be more escape rooms in my near future. Have a great week! - Melinda @ A Web of Stories

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like you have been quite busy. It also sounds like (other than work) you had fun. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Saturday sounds absolutely perfect and a good laugh is always a blessing. Hope the latest Rhys Bowen is good.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Laughing extremely hard with friends is the best thing ever.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Have a good week!
    Mary @Bookfan

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hopefully this week hasn't started off too crazy! Sounds like you had lots of fun this weekend though! I'm about to start Peril in Paris and am looking forward to it. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sounds like you had a nice week. The Game of Things sounds like fun. Your new books look good. Have a good week and Happy Reading! MarthaE

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.