Saturday, October 29, 2022

October 29th's Weekly TV Thoughts

Magpie Murders – With only two storylines at this point, the novel and the contemporary investigation, I found it easier to follow this episode.  Definitely curious to see how this is all coming to come together and if Susan finds the last chapter or has to write it herself.

Dancing with the Stars – How Vinnie is escaping the bottom two is beyond me.  Obviously, it’s the fan base.  I mean, I like the guy, but his dancing is a little weak for this late in the game.  I think the judges were a little easy on Wayne.  Not that I’m truly criticizing him for what he did with so little practice.  Glad Trevor stayed another week, but I feel like his days are numbered.

Quantum Leap – The 1989 San Francisco Earthquake part of this episode was initially intended to be the pilot.  I’m wondering how that would have worked since so much of this story, including Ben’s character development with the memories of his mother’s death, seem tied to where we are now.  Obviously, the stuff with the earthquake itself worked the way it was, but I feel like they would have had to reshoot about half of what they already had.  And I’m very curious to find out where they are going with the Leaper X storyline.

Stargirl – As hooked as I was by last week’s episode, I was less than enthused with this one.  I feel like they could have done so much more to resolve things.  It felt so anti-climactic.  I am curious to see what Pat is going to do as a result.  It may have been the Shadowlands, but what he heard was very true.

Survivor – Paranoia seems to really be getting people.  I feel like Elie partially dug her own grave by what she did in this episode.  Having said that, if you are going to go through someone’s bag, be 1000000% sure you don’t get caught, including no one tattling on you.  That was her biggest downfall, and it happened a while ago.

The Real Love Boat – Very few of the singles are really impressing me at this point.  I feel like the two couple who are the strongest are the only ones really trying.  The rest are just playing games.  The entire format of this thing is just beyond weird to me.  Probably why I don’t typically watch reality dating shows.  Looks like we are going to cut down some couples next week, which we have to do at some point if there is going to be a winner.  But what was the point of being in Rome if they are having the main challenge on the ship?

LegoMasters – My allergies would have kept me from enjoying that the dog builds in person, but they were so cute.  The bottom two were fairly obvious, and I’m glad the mother/son team turned in their golden brick because they would have been bottom two as well.  But so much cuteness!

The Amazing Race – Do they did wind up with a non-elimination leg.  Sort of.  I mean, one team did leave.  Very interesting to watch them race knowing what would happen depending on where they came in.  I’m worried that the couple that came in last won’t last too much longer.  They are always near the back of the pack.

So Help Me Todd – I really wish they’d calm the characters down some.  The stories are interesting, but the character interactions are just so frenetic.  And I know I say this every week, and yet I keep watching every week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.