Friday, October 21, 2022

October 21st's Friday Post

It's Friday!  Let's kick things off with a Friday post.  As usual, I'll be linking up to:

Book Beginnings
First Line Friday
Friday 56
Book Blogger Hop

My teaser for the first three will be coming from No Parm No Foul by Linda Reilly.


This is the second in her Grilled Cheese Mysteries.  I figured it was appropriate to feature it this week since it is set around Halloween.  Does this make up for me featuring a Christmas book last week?

Here's how the book begins:

Grant Robinson swept through the front door of Carly's Grilled Cheese Eatery and scooted behind the counter.  "It's over, Carly.  I finally did it."

What did Grant do?  I'm going to leave that for you to discover.  Meanwhile, let's jump over to page 56.

"Did he tell you they suspected he was murdered?"
"Not at that point.  Don, I'm not going to reveal any of the details I discussed with the detectives.  I'm sure you know that they withhold certain facts from the public.  If I blab them, it might compromise their case."
"I already know about the vampire figurine."

That's a Halloween appropriate clue, isn't it?  I'm in the middle of reading this book now, and I'm enjoying it.  If all goes as planned, I will finish it up later today and review it next week on Thursday.

Let's finish things off with the Book Blogger Hop for the week.  The question is:

Are any of your bookcases buckling under the weight of too many books?

No, which is a bit of a surprise.  I can't get any more books on them, so they must be pretty sturdy.

Have a wonderful weekend!

14 comments:

  1. I love a seasonal cosy mystery! It sounds good and I love the cover.

    My bookcases arent buckling yet - I have many storage solutions around the house!

    Have a great week!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2022/10/21/book-blogger-hop-are-any-of-your-bookcases-buckling-under-the-weight-of-too-many-books/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am now craving grilled cheese! LOL. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like such a fun cozy. Love the snippets! Hope you have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My first line is from the creepy good book by Jaime Jo Wright, The Premonition at Withers Farm:
    August 1910
    When death came to visit, no one ever prepared tea and cookies.
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am currently reading Godmersham Park by Gill Hornby. It's pretty awesome!
    "Anne did not stay long at the party. She was still not in quite the right mood."
    I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed this very much. I hope you enjoy it too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you have sturdy shelves! :D They do make a big difference, don't they? Thanks for stopping by my post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great your shelves are not buckling. Mine are good too.

    Happy Weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Honestly! The names of the series of these books just crack me up. The Grilled Cheese series! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A Grilled Cheese Eatery sounds so good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yes, my bookshelves are overflowing! I've been reading The Christmas Switch by Zoey Marie Jackson. The first line is: Chanel Houston tossed her keys in her purse and reached into the back seat of her sister's 2002 Honda Civic to grab one of the boxes of books. ~ Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have three bookcases which are jam pack with books. There no signs of the shelves bending. One bookcase I had sine I was a kid and it lasted pass two bookcases I used to have and there no sign of it falling apart.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.