Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Ornament Review: Genie - 2022 Hallmark Release

Stars: 4 out of 5
Pros: Wonderfully captures a fun Disney character
Cons: Tilt, while designed, takes a little getting used to
The Bottom Line:
Poof!  Here comes Genie
The tilt does look weird at first
Still good ornament




Your Wish for a Genie Ornament has been Granted

This year marks the 30th anniversary of Disney’s original animated Aladdin.  To celebrate, Hallmark released a wonderfully fun limited-edition ornament.

The ornament is just the Genie.  No other characters, no lamp.  He’s obviously just poofed in from his lamp, however, since there are still a couple patches of smoke.  With one arm extended, you can almost hear him saying “I’m here!”  He’s got a smile on his face, and it’s sure to make anyone who loves the character and movie smile.

Since I love the movie and character, I had to have him.  I feel like I might have him in another ornament (yes, I have too many ornaments), but this look was so good I had to get him either way.

Since Genie doesn’t have legs in his normal form, this ornament doesn’t have any way to display it without hanging the ornament.

However, that is a bit of a problem.  The hook is on Genie’s right shoulder, which means he tips quite a bit.  If you look at any pictures Hallmark has created for this ornament (like the one I have here), that’s by design.  And that’s the amount he tips.  It’s part of the coming out of the lamp vibe.  It works a little better in the picture than it does in real life.  Obviously, since the ornament came out this month, I haven’t tried him on my tree yet.  Hopefully, it will look good when surrounded by lights and tree branches.

The more I look at Genie, the more the way he hangs looks natural to me.  I hadn’t really thought about how the picture would translate into the real world, so I think that’s why my perception was off initially.  As long as you know this when you buy the ornament, you’ll be fine.

As I said, this is a limited-edition ornament.  My store sold out of the ornament right away, so if you want the ornament, you’ll want to snag one as soon as you can.

If you are a fan of Aladdin or Genie, you’ll be glad you added this ornament to your collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.