Thursday, February 9, 2023

Ornament Review: To the Victory! - 2022 Hallmark Release

Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Captures spirit of Luca well
Cons: This ornament is victorious without any cons
The Bottom Line:
Motorcycle, boy
Captures spirit of film well
Fans will race to get



Celebrate the Victory of Luca

Of Pixar’s most recent movies, my favorite has been Luca.  It was filled with imagination and fun.  So when I spotted To the Victory! in last year’s Hallmark ornament line, I knew I had to get it.

This ornament features Luca on the motorcycle he fantasizes about winning for much of the movie.  He is the only character from the movie in the ornament.  He’s smiling with his mouth open; you could say he’s yelling with delight as he travels down the road.  He’s wearing a yellow shirt and blue shorts.  The motorcycle itself is an aqua blue with a tan seat.

The ornament captures, for me at least, the joy of the movie.  While there are some serious themes, so much of the movie is about the joy of discovery and exploration.  Looking at this, it is easy to imagine Luca out exploring the world around him for the first time.  And everything is perfectly captured.  It’s like he leapt off the screen to be part of my tree.

The base of this ornament is motorcycle wheels.  No, they don’t turn (this is an ornament, after all).  They also don’t make a stable base for standing the ornament up to be displayed.

When you go to hang the ornament on your tree, you’ll find that it hangs perfectly straight.

Luca is one of the movies originally released to Disney+, and those films seem to have become less popular than they deserve.  But if you are one of those, like me, who fell in love with this film, you’ll be happy to add To the Victory! to your tree.

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.