Monday, April 10, 2023

Ornament Review: Gaston - 2022 Hallmark Release

Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Perfect representation of Gaston
Cons: Very small tilt, but only if you look for it
The Bottom Line:
Arrogant Gaston
Is perfectly captured here
Decorate with him



No One Decorates Your Tree Like Gaston

Hallmark has been releasing ornaments of the Disney villains the last few years as limited-edition ornaments.  While I don’t collect a lot of villain stuff as a general rule, I’ve been having fun adding these to my ornament collection.  As a huge fan of Beauty and the Beast, I had to get Gaston.

This is Gaston from the animated movie, not the live action remake.  He’s flexing with his left arm and looking over at it.  His right arm is on his waist.  He’s wearing his burgundy tunic, grey tights, and brown shoes.  On his back is his quiver holding some arrows.

Given Gaston’s overwhelming arrogance, this pose for the ornament is absolutely wonderful.  You can almost hear him saying, “Just look at me and how awesome I am.”  The sculpt is perfect and captures the way he looks exactly as he appears in the movie.

With the way he is posing, his feet don’t quite balance him, so you can’t stand him up to be displayed.  But he’s an ornament; he’s supposed to go on your tree.

When you put Gaston on your tree, you’ll find he tips a little to the right.  But with the Christmas tree branches around him, you’ll never notice.  And part of that is the pose – he’s supposed to be standing mainly on his left foot.  He just tips a little beyond that, and I didn’t notice last December.  You really have to be looking for it to see it.

Fans of Disney villains and Beauty and the Beast will be thrilled to add Gaston to their tree each year.  It’s hard to imagine a better ornament of the character.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.