Sunday, August 6, 2023

August 6th's Sunday/Monday Post

Welcome to the weekend and this week's Sunday/Monday Post.  As usual, I will be linking up to:

Sunday Post
Sunday Salon
Stacking the Shelves
Mailbox Monday
It's Monday, What Are You Reading?

It was another uneventful week.  I had month end close at work, which was a bit crazier than usual, but we made it through.  My small group at church got together for a catch up  on Thursday night.  We hadn't meant since June, so it was nice to see everyone.  Other than that, not too much happened.

It was cooler this week than it had been.  As much as I love the heat of summer, it was nice to get a brief break.  It's going to be hot this weekend, but will be cooler again this coming week.

Saturday night, I'm going to see the local theater's production of Fiddler on the Roof.  I'm really looking forward to it.  I fell in love with this musical when I was in it during college.  I had the big important role of First Man, aka the first character who has a line of dialogue but no name.  (For the record, my line was "It was a horse" from the opening song.)  I did the bottle dance as well.  This is a musical where the townspeople are actually in a lot of the play, so I enjoyed getting to be on stage.  It's been a while since I saw it, so I'm glad I get to see it again.  (And I really should watch the movie again at some point.

Pun of the Week:

As I said last week, I'm out of spam comments to share.  Oh, I got some more this last week, but nothing really that exciting worth sharing.  So that means you are stuck with me sharing some puns.  Anyone who knows me knows I love a good pun.  To me, that's the plus of loving cozy mysteries - the puns in the titles.  Hopefully, you'll enjoy these as well.

A jumper cable walks into a bar.  The bartender says, “I’ll serve you, but don’t start anything.”

This Last Week on the Blog:



This Coming Week on the Blog:


Sunday - Sunday/Monday Post
Monday - Ornament Review: Uno
Tuesday - Book Review: Murder on Bedford Street by Victoria Thompson
Wednesday - Movie Review: The Super Mario Bros. Movie
Thursday - Death on the Grand Canal by M. A. Monnin
Friday - Friday Post featuring Claws of Death
Saturday - Weekly TV Thoughts

Book Haul:

Before I get to my book haul, I have to share this meme that a friend posted on Facebook this week.  I'm guilty as charged, and I'm sure most of you will identify with this as well.


Okay, shall we get to my book haul.  Would you believe I only have two new books this week?  I know, I'm shocked as well.

I started out the week by getting another Sunday Sale.  Caleb Wygal did another quick sale on a good in this series, this time book three.  After buying book two on sale last week, I had to get Death on the Golden Mile, right?

I also got my pre-order of Birder, She Wrote, the 33rd Meg Langslow Mystery from Donna Andrews.  I love this series (which is why I'm reading book 33 in it), and I can't wait to get to it.  In fact....

What I'm Currently Reading:

I'm working on Claws of Death by Cathy Wiley, which I got a week or two back.  I'm really enjoying it.  This is the first in a new series from her, the Fatal Food Festival series, but she's introduced the characters in the Destination Murder short story collections.  This book involves a crab festival in Texas.

After that, I'll be reading Birder, She Wrote.  I told you I couldn't wait to read it.  At this point, the plan is to start it on Monday, but we'll see how the rest of my weekend goes.

That's it for me this weekend.  Hope you have a great weekend.

27 comments:

  1. I’m very fond of puns also. Sometimes you get set up when the other person doesn’t even know it’s happening. I had a spam comment the other day that was worthy of your collection — totally not properly relevant to the post it was sent to. Sometimes I think it might be AI doing it.
    Have a good week… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny, I like puns too. My husband's favorite joke was A 3 legged dog walks into a bar and says "Who shot my paw".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was the one in my list to share next week. Maybe I'll save it for a few months. :)

      Delete
  3. I didn't know you did theater and Fiddler on the Roof is such a good show; it's been decades since I've seen it.

    That meme of the TBR list is so accurate. I'll never get to all the books on mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clever cozy titles and covers always grab my interest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy Fiddler on the Roof! I made sets for that in high school and my brother was one of the townspeople.

    The TBR graph looks accurate to me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you enjoy Fiddler On The Roof. I have never seen it. My list of books I want to read keeps growing too! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’ve never seen Fiddler On the Roof though I’m familiar with several scenes. I hope you enjoy the showing.

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's nice you had some cooler weather this week. We've been havign almost autumn like weather for a month now, but our June was super hot so it's been a nice change. I don't like the hot temperatures.

    I hope you enjoyed the musical! And wow the 33rd book in a series, that's one long series. I've read a few series that run around 10 books, but not much longer. That Fatal Food Festival book sounds interesting! I hope Birder, She Wrote is a good one too. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's cool you got your time to shine on stage! I can't remember if I saw the movie, but I enjoyed the live version of Fiddler on the Roof at a local dinner theater several years ago. I should find out what's playing now. Have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha Ha, great pun! And my TBR is similar to that meme too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you're enjoying your book - and just adding two new ones helps balance the stack of books waiting to be read, right? An occasional slow-down week is not a terrible thing. :) Thanks for the visit Mark - Have a terrific week.
    Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys

    ReplyDelete
  12. I remember seeing a production of Fiddler and it was so good.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, love the meme! My TBR seems to grow almost daily, LOL. I finish a book and add two more to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wonder how high my book pile would be? I keep thinking of myself as a reader with a limit. At 66, maybe I have twenty years of good reading left, at an average of 100/year that is only 2000 left. I really should become more picky. Gulp.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree with your graphic about the size of the "books I want to read" stack. I enjoyed Birder, She Wrote. I haven't read all of the previous books but have been dipping into the series at semi-random. Chirp has offered a few on audio that I snapped up. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I definitely identify with that book haul meme. LOL Claws of Death looks really good. I like that it's the first of a new series. I'll have to check it out. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love puns. Please share more, Mark.

    I'm afraid my book haul is even taller than yours. lol

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hope you enjoy Fiddler on the Roof! I really enjoy that musical as well. My husband and I saw a live production a few years ago and wouldn't mind seeing it again.

    I think I saw mention of a stormfront coming this way and hope the news is true. Hopefully that would mean cooler weather.

    I love the meme with the tall TBR pile. I can certainly relate. LOL

    I hope you enjoy your reading and have a great week, Mark!

    ReplyDelete
  19. We love local theater. Just saw Cinderella this month, and Footloose is coming in October. Hope you get to enjoy some cooler temperatures and some nice books. Thanks for visiting my blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG, this TBR illustration is the best ever, thanks for sharing!
    And now because I'm crazy, I checked what the average thickness of a book is and how high my TBR building is (1,316 books on my Goodreads TBR): it's 3 story high!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I do love a good pun - I think that's one of the reasons I enjoy cozy mysteries so much! I don't think I've ever seen a theater production of Fiddler on the Roof. I need to keep an eye out at the broadway league here for the next time it's preformed. Enjoy Birder She Wrote! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the book meme! Thanks for sharing:-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh how nice that you did theater! I love the music from that and other musicals of that era.
    That TBR image is wonderful and that is a fun pun.
    Have a good week and Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yes I saw that meme about our TBR's and its so true isn't it. We have eyes bigger than our lives but I guess that is good in a way.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I hadn't seen that meme before. Will look for it and share it on our library's Facebook! Work has been busy for me, too, and the humidity has set back in with a vengeance after teasing us with a couple of perfect summer days last week, clear and warm with comfortable temps and humidity.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I don't have a strong feeling either way about puns, but I'm not great at making them. My husband is actually good at them but he LOATHES them. I share every pun and ridiculous joke I can find with him because his reaction is so over the top. At this point, he's probably just trying to amuse me but there's a grain of truthful reaction in there.

    Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.