Saturday, March 30, 2024

March 30th's Weekly TV Thoughts

Since I didn't post any TV thoughts last week, I've got a double dose for you this week.

Tracker (3/17) – Another great episode and case.  I really wasn’t worried for any of the characters, I suspected that Shaw would succeed with everyone alive.  But how that would happen was the big mystery to me.  I thought we might get more of his backstory.  So far, that has been very scant.  I’m not complaining, but I feel like we should know more soon.

Night Court (3/19) – When I realized what the plot was going to be of this episode, I thought it might be fun to see Gurge’s boyfriend actually show up.  They should have kept him off screen.  Outside of a few great one liners, the episode wasn’t that funny at all.

Extended Family (3/19) – I was getting ready to cringe when everyone book on the virtual reality glasses, but it turned out to be pretty funny.  Still rolled my eyes at some of Jim’s reactions to things, however.

Wild Cards (3/20) – I knew we were getting our happy ending too early so Max was up to something else.  I was just wondering what was so important to her to get her to come back.  I really hope the show gets renewed (and the CW airs it), so we can find out what happens next.  Yes, I’ve gotten very hooked on these characters.

Survivor (3/20) – It is getting to be a cliché in Survivor.  You’ve got one team always losing.  They manage to pull it together for a reward challenge, but then they fail again at the next immunity challenge.  Okay, so it probably hasn’t happened all that often, but I knew where the episode was going long before it went there.  Not that I’m upset by the results.  I’m glad he’s gone since he was always making me cringe.  Heck, I had to fast forward through the last couple of segments because I couldn’t take him any more.

The Amazing Race (3/20) – I knew from the first few minutes that the father/daughter team wasn’t going to be around too long.  I’m not surprised they are out, but I would have liked to see them hang on for another leg or two.  I did love how supportive she was when he started having heat exhation, and it was obvious they were so far behind.  No change in the top four teams between the legs.  But wow were there some shake ups in the others.  It will be interesting to see if that continues.

Tracker (3/24) – Having the other tracker on this case was interesting (especially know the actress is the lead’s real life wife).  I really didn’t see the ending coming as to who the villain was, but it made sense as they laid it all out.  I also like the show works hard to give us happy endings.  This was another great one.

Night Court (3/26) – Well, they got me with that ending.  But that’s because of the guest stars since I’m a fan of Ryan Hansen and Julia Duffy from their work elsewhere.  Honestly, I might have cared about the wedding if I’d known Roz from the original, but without that connection, I couldn’t care less about the main story of the episode.

Extended Family (3/26) – You knew where the episode was ultimately going, and I wanted to like it.  I certainly laughed at some of the jokes along the way.  But they brought up some serious stuff that needed to be talked through, and they just swept it under the rug in the rush to a happy ending.

Survivor (3/27) – Finally, another team had to go to tribal.  And it was the team that hadn’t lost anyone yet.  It is hard to see someone go home with an idol, especially someone who had been playing the others so much like she had.  But in this case, it would have been very hard to see it coming.  I honestly didn’t see it coming.  So it’s not as bad as some of them where they should have had a little clue they were a target.

The Amazing Race (3/27) – And I thought I was the world’s most indecisive person.  You can’t change detours that much and survive.  Having said that, I’m surprised anyone even thought about the trucks.  The cooking seemed way easier to me.  In fact, they’ve had lots of one sided detours this season.  I hope they get more equal detours going forward.  Not really as many opportunities to get ahead in this leg, which is what I expected since we are back to this format.  It's not my favorite format of the race, but it’s still better than no race.

3 comments:

  1. Amazing Race. I learned that this season was shot before the previous one that we watched. I wonder if they aired them in reverse order because last season was really good and this one seems weak. I really like the locations this season, the fact that many contestants speak Spanish has been good, but they are indecisive, get lost, aren't strong, and don't seem to have the drive of past competitors. I think the. top 4 are good, but the rest aren't motivating. But, of course, I'll keep watching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What I've heard is that it had more to do with the 90 minute episodes. When CBS decided to do that, TAR went back and did an entire new season designed for the longer length. They also went back to old school book your own tickets for the first time since 2020.

      When CBS wanted them back in the spring, they went ahead and reedited the season they'd already filmed to make the episodes longer, and that's what we are watching now. I'll agree the mix of teams isn't quite as compelling, at least not yet, but it is fun to see where they go and what they do.

      Delete
  2. I should be watching Tracker as it’s filmed here in Vancouver! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.