Sunday, March 24, 2024

Palm Sunday's Sunday/Monday Post

 Welcome to this week's Sunday/Monday Post.  As usual, I will be linking up to:

Sunday Post
Sunday Salon
Stacking the Shelves
Mailbox Monday
It's Monday, What Are You Reading

Greetings from even further Southern California than normal!  My family has all been in San Diego for the last week.  My parents rented a condo right on the beach, and we've been enjoying some family time together.  In addition to enjoying the location they rented, we also went to Sea World and the San Diego Safari Park.

Unfortunately, we've also been sick.  I was just getting over whatever I had, but my cough came back on Thursday.  Various other family members have been sick with other things as well.  I don't think we've been sharing our germs.  I think we've been sick with different things.  Not everyone got sick, but it's been enough to put a damper on things.

Even so, we've had fun all being together.  And playing lots of games.

This Past Week on the Blog:


This Coming Week on the Blog:

Sunday - Sunday/Monday Post
Monday - Book Review: Secrets of a Scottish Isle by Erica Ruth Neubauer
Tuesday - Movie Review: Cabaret
Wednesday - Book Review: The Witless Protection Program by Maria DiRico
Thursday - Movie Review: Jack Reacher - Never Go Back
Friday - Book Review: Listen, Do You Want to Know a Secret by Teresa Trent
Saturday - Weekly TV Thoughts

Book Haul:

It's been two weeks, so of course that means I have 5 books to tell you about.  (Okay, it should be more, but my mail hold means I will have to wait until next week to tell you about the others.)

I had a discount at Target, so naturally, I used it for books.  The first of those was Under the Radar by Annette Dashofy.  This is book nine in her Zoe Chambers series, and it is the next book in the series I need to read.  I really hope to get a couple read in the series this year, so I need it.

I also got The Key to Deceit by Ashely Weaver.  This is the second in her Electra McDonnell series set in England during World War II.  The main character is a lock picker/thief who gets roped into helping the fight against the Axis.  I enjoyed the first one last year, and I'm looking forward to seeing what happens to the characters next.

I also snagged a couple of Kindle freebies in the last couple of weeks.  The first is no longer free, but it is Marigolds, Mischief, and Murder by Erica Wynters.  I knew nothing about it, but it sounds fun.  Yes, a flower shop is the setting for this cozy mystery series.

Just on Friday, I snagged Something Deadly on Desert Drive by Kris Bock.  The series sounds fun.  I have the first and haven't read it yet, but this book was free.  It's the second in the series, so if I enjoy the first, I'll be ready to dive right into the second one.

Finally, I snagged an eARC for Brie Careful What You Wish For, the fourth Grilled Cheese Mystery from Linda Reilly.  The series has moved to a new press that doesn't give much lead time.  The book comes out on April 9th, so I'm glad I had room for it in my April schedule.

What I'm Currently Reading:

As I type this Friday night, I'm actually only in the middle of my audio book.  As I mentioned a couple of weeks ago, my current audio book is The Fly on the Wall by Tony Hillerman, one of his two stand alones.  I only have about half an hour left to listen to, so I should finish it up no problem driving home on Saturday.

I just finished up Molten Death by Leslie Karst, the first in her new series set on the Big Island of Hawaii.  It was very well done.  I'll be reviewing it on release day, which is April 2nd.

Next, I'll be diving into Brie Careful What You Wish For.  I'm thinking I'm going to review it April 4th to help get the word out that it is coming.  Since I enjoyed the first three, I'm looking forward to it.

That's it for me.  Hope you have a great week.

14 comments:

  1. A condo on the San Diego beach sounds delightful. Hope the sun and sand and views will help you all recover from the spring fevers.

    Harvee https://bookdilettante.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that stinks, you go to a nice condo with your family and most of you get sick. I am sorry this happened to you, Mark. I bet it was beautiful though. I hope you get to feeling better very soon, Mark. Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you're feeling better soon. The San Diego condo and family time sound delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always wanted to go to San Diego. So sorry everyone got sick, but at least you got to be together while you were. The game time sounds especially fun.

    I'll be curious about Be Careful What You Wish For. I've seen this one all over.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you feel better soon and enjoy your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yah, even if I was dying from the flu I would still be thrilled to be in a condo on the beach for a week. Just have my cute cabana boy lay a blanket down on the sand for me and bring me hot and cold drinks all day and I will be blissful in my misery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry you and your family have been sick, but it's good you can be together in such a beautiful setting. I hope you all feel better soon. Enjoy all your reads. I'm hoping to get my review of Brie Careful What You Wish For posted before it releases too. Have a great week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Time with your family in SD sounds wonderful even though you've all been sick. Just hanging out with family is so great; I get to do that in August and am really looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to hear about your illness while on vacation. Bummer. There are so many bugs bugging us these days. Everyone seems to get diseases harder and longer these days,too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Warm weather and beach sounds like fun. Sorry you guys were sick. Great books this week. Under the Radar and The Key to Deceit caught my eye. Hope you enjoy your week.

    https://thebookconnectionccm.blogspot.com/2024/03/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-and_01233654525.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. A condo on the beach in San Diego sounds amazing. Too bad illness kept you all from peak enjoyment. Nice looking assortment of books too. Come see what I'm reading here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry to hear you've been sick - a condo on the beach sounds beautiful though! The Key to Deceit sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Too bad you're all sick! The last two months have been difficult. I think everyone has had some kind of bug. I really need to continue with the Zoe Chambers series and I really want to read Ashley Weaver's books. I hope you're having a great read!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is great to have family get togethers but too bad there was sickness. I hope everyone is feeling better. Nice book haul for you. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.