Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Ornament Review: Hermione, Hagrid, and Snape Miniature Ornament Set - 2023 Hallmark Release

Stars: 4 out of 5
Pros: Good mini versions of three Harry Potter characters
Cons: Faces a little plain, weird trio for me to start a collection with
The Bottom Line:
These three characters
Make nice ornament trio
That fans will enjoy




A Trio of Magical Friends

When I was looking at the Hallmark ornaments last year in the store, I made an impulsive decision to buy the Hermione, Hagrid, and Snape mini ornament set.  While I like them, I do now feel like my collection is missing some key Harry Potter figures.

When I bought them, I was thinking that I must have missed some ornaments from the previous year that included Harry and Ron.  Yes, and no.  In looking back at what was released last year, I realized they were part of a set Hallmark released that included a themed mini tree, tree topper, and tree skirt.  I didn’t want all of that.  I still don’t.  But I do wish those ornaments had come out on their own.  I definitely would have bought them if they did.

But that’s not what we are here to talk about today.  Let’s talk about this ornament set.  Naturally, Hagrid is the largest ornament, but Snape isn’t that much smaller than Hagrid.  Hermione is just a little smaller than Snape.  She’s probably an inch and a quarter tall, and the others are closer to an inch and a half.  Hagrid’s size comes more from his width, so he does not look significantly taller than the others.  They look like you’d picture the characters.  Hermione even has a wand in her hand.

While the ornaments do look good, their faces are a little plain.  Yes, I know I’m asking for a lot from my mini ornaments, but I feel like they could have done better, especially for Snape.

If you are careful, you can set all three of them out to be displayed.  That’s a bit rare for a mini ornament.  None of them are super stable, so you’ll want to be very careful if you choose to do that, but it is an option.

Or you can hang them on a tree.  I enjoyed them on my mini trees this year.  They looked great and all hung straight.

If you love Harry Potter, you’ll want to consider getting these ornaments.  It is a little weird to start a character collection with this trio, but that’s what I’ve done.  We’ll see how I decide to supplement them in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.