Saturday, March 9, 2024

March 9th's Weekly TV Thoughts

Tracker – A pretty good episode.  Nice twists in the first half that lead to a great thriller in the second.  And I appreciated how well lit everything was even though so much of the last part took place in the dark.  I could actually follow what was going on.

Night Court – Yes, I get how the ending of the episode was funny.  But with all the balls still in the machine, she had plenty of time to pick one of them up for the win.  Some good lines, although it was just so busy it was hard to get into the laughs, as usual.

Extended Family – Not a bad episode.  Pretty predictable at times, but some of the complications were pretty fun.  Laughed at some of them.  I do like how they are building a family out of them despite the awkwardness we’d have in real life.  Unrealistic, but nice to see.

Wild Cards – The set up with rather predictable.  I get that the two don’t get along that well, but their sniping was so much worse than normal, even if you didn’t know anything about the episode, you’d know it was a therapy themed episode.  Also, I guessed the anchorman was under hypnosis.  But that didn’t keep me from enjoying the rest of it.  They even used therapy to let us know more about the characters.  And I didn’t see the killer coming until they figured it out.

The Challenge – For all their hype about Michelle walking off stage, what she did it over was actually pretty funny.  Still, so much drama.  I’m glad to have that show in my rear view mirror.  Won’t be watching again unless they put it on CBS like they did the last couple of summers.

Survivor – The team describing the next challenge (the one they were making up at camp) was so funny.  I wonder how many seasons it will be before we actually see it.  And the actual challenge?  Wow!  That was just so massive.  I thought they were putting the only challenge into the episode way too early, but it took so long, and then the fallout from it on several tribes.  As to the losers, I can’t remember seeing a team this down this early before.  Normally, I’m all about rooting for the underdog, but I don’t know that I see them advancing very far period.  Even if teams get switched up, I feel like they won’t get very far.  It will be interesting to see if I’m right or not.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry you have been sick, but I'm glad you went to urgent care and that urgent care was able to knock out the infection. Is there anything worse than having to work while you feel sick? I worked sick many times; there was no one to sub for the librarian.

    Happy birthday! I hope that you can enjoy all those books once you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.