Thursday, February 7, 2013

The Friday 56 for February 8th

So I stumbled across this tonight.  Sounded like fun, so I thought I'd join in.


Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
 *Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it) that grabs you.
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. It's that simple.

I'm going with the book I just finished today - Suspect by Robert Crais.  (You can read my review here.)

"Take her out back and introduce yourself.  I'm going to watch."

And the beginning of the book looks like this:

Maggie's tail thumped the dirt hard.

8 comments:

  1. Sounds sinister, dodgy and rather creepy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh oh! That doesn't sound good....thanks for sharing.

    Here's MY FRIDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  3. See, this is the reason I picked that particular quote. It's not at all in context, but it sounds good on its own.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, it sounds like a bad situation for the girl. Would make for great reading though.
    Thanks for joining in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eeek. It doesn't sound like they're going to shake hands. I'm going to read your review right now.
    My Book Beginnings / Friday 56 post features DAKOTA BLUES.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The "her" is a dog. Does that make any difference in the sentence?

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahahaha! reading thru these comments, i think my initial question of "watch what?" is just gonna fall on deaf ears ... :)

    guiltlessreading.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.