Friday, July 17, 2020

July 17th's Book Beginnings and Friday 56

Welcome to Friday and this week's Book Beginnings and Friday 56.

This week, I'm featuring Dead Body Language by Penny Warner.


                                             

This is actually my second time reading the book.  I first read it over 20 years ago.  I'm circling back around and hoping to get to the rest of the series this time.

Anyway, here's how the book begins:
I licked the tip of my murder weapon, then hesitantly sipped my mug of coffee as if it were strychnine.

And jumping ahead, we find this at the bottom of page 56:

"Don't you think it's kind of weird that she supposedly killed herself when - " I paused.  Maybe I shouldn't say too much.

That's a tease and a half, right?

My review will be up next Thursday, so I hope you'll come back.  In the meantime, have a great weekend.

6 comments:

  1. Seems like a nice cozy mystery! Glad you get to enjoy it again.

    Have a good weekend! Here's my Weekend Book Friends

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great snippets. Thanks for sharing, and it's fun to reread books from the past.

    Here's mine: “THE SAFE PLACE”

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weird beginning... why lick the weapon? Ew.
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting beginning. I want to know why she's licking the murder weapon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both are great teasers! The opening sentence has me scratching my head.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you are enjoying your reread. :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.