Monday, July 20, 2020

Ornament Review: Ten Lords-a-Leaping - 12 Days of Christmas #10 - 2020 Hallmark Release

Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Great looking ornament
Cons: None
The Bottom Line:
Start final quarter
With one of the leaping lords
With great looking piece




Let This Ornament Leap onto Your Tree

We are entering the final quarter of the 12 Days of Christmas ornament series from Hallmark.  This year, we get Ten Lords-a-Leaping.

The ornament features a young man leaping over a gold ball.  No real surprise, right?  He’s dressed in blues, aqua-greens, and whites.  He is dressed like an old-fashioned lord in tights and a vest with sleaves.  His cape, flying out behind him, features a bit of his verse from the song, including lyrics and music.  Topping things off is the gold feather in his cap.

I do worry a bit about this ornament blending in with a tree since it is green and blue, but that is a minor complaint.  I love the colors, and they look great together.  I do also miss the hodgepodge look of the birds, but I think the look we’ve gotten for the humans in the series has worked perfectly for them.  I’m also quite impressed with this young man’s flexibility.  I don’t think I could have ever jumped over something like this, even when I was younger.

Since this man is leaping over a ball, the ornament doesn’t have a flat base and won’t sit up on its own.  But this isn’t a surprise to fans of the series – none of them have been able to sit out.  That means you have to hang him.  Fortunately, that’s not an issue at all since he hangs straight.

And yes, you’ll find the series marker on him.  It was the second place I thought it would be, but no, I’m not going to tell you where it is.

I’m thrilled with Ten Lords-a-Leaping; it is a great addition to the series.  I’m looking forward to having the final two entries in the series since I can’t wait to see them all together.

Be sure to check out the rest of the 12 Days of Christmas series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.