Friday, July 3, 2020

July 3rd's Book Beginnings and Friday 56

Welcome to the start of a three day weekend for those of us in the USA.  I can already tell this weekend won't be long enough.  But for now, I'm going to enjoy the start of it with this week's Book Beginnings and Friday 56.

This week, I'm featuring The Brim Reaper by Diane Vallere.

                                                          




Yes, it's a cozy mystery with a fashion theme.  How did you guess?  Here's how the book begins:

It was hard not to overhear the argument.  Two deep male voices shouted at each other from the office of the art museum.

And, at the 56% point of the book, we find this fun chapter ender:

"You're saying they'll relax their ethics to get what they want."
"Most collectors don't even have ethics."

As a collector, I'm not sure how I feel about that quote.  Although for some it is definitely true.  Resellers, too.  Some, but not all.

I finished this book earlier in the week, and I enjoyed it as always.  My full review will be up on Tuesday.

In the meantime, have a great weekend, all.

4 comments:

  1. Enjoy your three day weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, love that 56 snippet. Sounds like a fun book! Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a really fun read!! Happy Independence day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a good cozy! I hope you are enjoying it. Have a great weekend and stay safe and well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.