Sunday, September 11, 2022

Disney Pin Review: Mad Tea Party - Mickey Mouse the Main Attraction #3 - 2022 Release

Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Colors and design evoke a classic ride
Cons: Same pose (as usual)
The Bottom Line:
Mickey’s tea party
Extremely colorful pin
Fits attraction well


Join Mickey for a Little Mad Tea Party

If I’m being honest, there are many iconic rides at Disneyland, but one I most associate with the park in the Mad Tea Party.  It seems to be one that guests either love or hate, and it’s one that everyone has to do at least once in their lifetime.  So it makes sense that it is often included in the attraction based pin series.  And it’s the third stop Mickey makes in the Mickey Mouse, the Main Attraction series.

As always, Mickey is standing with one leg out and looking off in the distance.  However, he’s dressed very differently.  He’s wearing lots of pastels.  His pants are striped, and his jacket has the pattern that is on the cups of the Mad Tea Party attraction.  Speaking of cups, Mickey is wearing three as a hat.  They are stacked on top of each other at a weird angle, which is part of the fun.  Honestly, the bottom one almost looks like a crazy hat, not a tea cup.  These three cups are raised just slightly, giving the pin a bit more dimension.

I’ll admit, if I didn’t know for sure which ride this was designed to represent, it might take me a minute if I looked at Mickey himself.  The cups are a dead giveaway, obviously, but my eye is drawn more to Mickey.  I’m not sure why this is because I’m not sure what other attraction it could be.  And, once you know, it’s very obvious, which is great.  I’m not sure the colors would work together normally, but for the Mad Tea Party, they aren’t perfect and I can’t imagine anything else would work.

As is the case for this series, we get one giant pin instead of several smaller ones.  It is priced accordingly.

This series is proving to be fun.  Any fan of Disney will be glad they joined Mickey on his visit to the Mad Tea Party.

1 comment:

  1. It's been a while since I've watched Mickey. This looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.