Welcome to this week's Sunday/Monday Post, where I will be linking up to:
Sunday Post
Sunday Salon
Stacking the Shelves
It's Monday, What Are You Reading?
It's been a fairly quiet week. Heck, my car hasn't been out of the garage most of the week. The advantage of working from home, especially with gas prices what they are. I ran some errands one day, and I went paddle boarding Friday night. That's about it.
It's also been hot! We've been in the upper 90's most of the week, reaching triple digits this weekend. That's summer weather, I don't care what you have to say about it. (Yes, I know lots of people who complain about summer weather, but I love it!)
Saturday morning, I was able to go to a book launch party for Ellen Byron. Really, a double launch party since she has books coming out just a week apart. (Two different series with two different publishers.) Then, I went to the game group I've been to a few other times about half an hour from me. It was a good day, but a day that involved lots of driving in the hot weather. Fortunately, that's why we have AC, right?
Joke of the Week:
This Past Week on the Blog:
This Coming Week on the Blog:
Book Haul:
I said last week I'd have one book to talk about for sure this week. And, I have...one book to talk about this week. I managed to avoid any impulse purchases, so the only book is the preorder that came out on Tuesday.
And that book? City of Promises by Victoria Thompson with Ellen Thompson. I am extremely excited about this book. I've been a fan of both of Victoria's series for years, and this book is a crossover between the two. She had just started it when she passed away a couple of years ago, and her daughter, Ellen, has picked up the reigns and is going to continue both series. She's started out by completing this crossover. I will be reading it soon.
What I'm Currently Reading:
But not quite yet.
Over the weekend, I finished A Murderer's Guide to Mardi Gras, the newest Vintage Cookbook Mystery from Ellen Byron. Yes, this is one of the two books she's launching right now. I enjoyed it as always. My review will be up on the 11th.
Which means I'll be starting this week with Two Truths and a Murder, the fifth Phyllida Bright Mystery from Colleen Cambridge. This will get me current with the series...until book six comes out at the end of October.
That's it for me. Have a great week!

It has been slightly cooler here (UK) but still not great going out weather. We don't have air con in the house or car (as it's broken) so we just can't escape it. I am desperate for Autumn and cooler weather!
ReplyDeleteHow exciting to go to a book launch.
The books look good.
Have a great weekend and I hope the weather cools soon.
Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2026/08/01/stacking-the-shelves-161/
Working from home definitely has its perks, especially when it’s so hot and gas prices are high! The Ellen Byron launch party sounds like a lot of fun, and I hope City of Promises lives up to your expectations—it sounds like a special way to continue Victoria Thompson’s legacy. Happy Reading!
ReplyDeleteI live in the desert (Utah), it has also been very hot here. I don't super mind it -- I moved from a really humid place so I prefer it over here. But the sun beats down really bad so I desperately need to replace my sunglasses! LOL. City of Promises looks great, I hope you enjoy it!
ReplyDeleteIt sounds cool that the daughter is completing the series! It's always really sad when a series doesn't get finished due to an author passing away, sounds like an excellent way to honour her.
ReplyDeleteI love a good author event!
ReplyDeleteHave a great week!
How nice that you got to attend an author event for Ellen Byron. I enjoy her books. I like the heat too as long as my air conditioning works. Come see my week here. Happy reading!
ReplyDeleteIt's wonderful that the daughter is finishing the series. My aunt is in mourning for a sci fi series that she loved which was discontinued after the author passed away.
ReplyDelete