The Stocking Were Made by the Chimney with Care
It’s fun to see what Hallmark’s artists come up with each year for the series I track. While I don’t always buy them, I do enjoy seeing the creativity. One of the most creative is the Cookie Cutter Christmas series, and this year’s entry is another fun one.
Each ornament in the series features a Christmas scene starring a mouse inside a cookie cutter shape. This year, the shape is a Christmas tree. The mouse inside? He’s working on a stocking. We can already see the red stocking hung by the fireplace, and he’s now working on a green stocking. It looks like he’s putting the white bow on top. We can see the fire in the background, and gingerbread walls. And the mouse has a blue blanket on his lap. The arms of his chair? Candy canes, of course.
I’ll admit, I had to look closely at this one to figure out what was going on. The candy canes looked a bit like the posts on a bed, and the blanket made me think this was a bed scene at first. But that’s my only complaint. Once you look closely, you can see the cute scene unfolding. We’ve only ever seen this mouse by himself, so the idea that he has someone else makes me smile.
While the Christmas tree shape does have a bit sticking out at the bottom, the base is still nice a sturdy. You can set this out to be displayed if you want.
The loop for hanging the ornament is at the top of the star. No surprise that it hangs straight.
As always, the back of the ornament features the series marker. And, in a detail I love, it also includes a handle for the cookie cutter part of the design.
While the scene took a second look, overall, this addition to the Cookie Cutter Christmas series is fun.
Enjoy more of the Cookie Cutter Christmas ornaments.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.