Welcome to this week's Friday Post. I'll be linking up this week to:
First Line Friday
Friday Book Snippets
Book Blogger Hop
Friday Book Snippets is the combination of Book Beginnings and Friday 56. We need to share two snippets, the first from the beginning and the second from somewhere in the book, not necessarily from page 56 or 56% into the book. It's co-hosted by Head Full of Books and Bemused and Bookish. Thanks for keeping this going, ladies!
We will see if I stick to page 56/56% for my second snippet. I always liked that it focused me as I looked for that second teaser. Of course, sometimes, there wasn't much to choose from. I suspect I'll probably start with those pages, but expand out if needed. My approach may change as I get used to the new rules.
So, let's get to it. My teasers for the first two are coming from Home Sweet Homicide by Rosalie Spielman.
This is book five in the Hometown Mysteries. It's been a while since I read one of these books, so I was happy to dive back in.
Here's how the book begins:
The café was suddenly even colder than usual for a January.
That sounds like bad news, doesn't it?
I read this book a couple of weeks ago, before the change for snippets was announced. So here's from 56% into the ebook:
Troy ambled up to me. "Tessa. I am shocked, just shocked, to see you here.""Your sarcastic wit is not appreciated, Mr. Barnes." I shook my head but couldn't keep a small smile away.
A little bit of fun there.
I enjoyed this book. My review will be up on Tuesday, so I hope you'll come back to read it.
Meanwhile, let's switch over to this week's Book Blogger Hop. The question is:
How much do online reviews shape what you pick up next?
I'm always a bit embarrassed when I admit they don't influence me that much. Even with how much time I spend reviewing. It doesn't help that I don't have a lot of time to spend looking at other book blogs. I wish I did. But if I am seeing a book pop up quite a bit, I might give it a more serious look. It doesn't help that I have a huge to be read pile. I'm so busy trying to keep up with all of those books I don't have a lot of room for new discoveries.
Have a great weekend!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.