Welcome to this week's Friday Post, where I will be linking up to:
First Line Friday
Friday Book Snippets
Book Blogger Hop
My teasers for the first two will come from Holmes Away from Home by Samantha Larsen.
This is the first in a new series featuring Althea Adler, the daughter of Irene Adler, a legendary character in the Sherlock Holmes cannon. And yes, this series is Holmes adjacent. As the first sentence shows:
Stealing from the famous Sherlock Holmes was rather simple, really, Althea Adler thought as she cracked open the safe behind the portrait in his study.
That definitely made me want to read more.
My second teaser comes from 56% into the book. I think. I don't remember for sure where it came from, but I had to use this exchange.
“I want the postcard back,” Althea said between clenched teeth, pressing her dagger harder against him. “It’s mine.”
William found himself staring at her plump, red lips. “I’m having a devil of a time trying to figure out if you’re attempting to kiss me or kill me.”
I'll let you figure out what that is all about.
The book came out this week, but I'll be reviewing it on Tuesday as part of a blog tour. For now, just know I enjoyed it, and come back on Tuesday for my full review.
Let's move on to this week's Book Blogger Hop, shall we? This week's question is:
If you could recommend one overlooked book, what would it be and why?
I feel like we just answered this question two weeks ago. So, I'll link to that post for your reference.
For a new book, I'm going to create a theme here. I've got quotes from a Holmes adjacent book above. I'm going to recommend Holmes on the Range by Steve Hockensmith. This is the first book in a series that features two cowboy brothers in the 1890's who, inspired by the stories about Sherlock Holmes, start solving mysteries in the old west. It's a very fun book with laughs and a good mystery.
Have a great weekend!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.