Saturday, September 26, 2026

September 26th's Weekly TV Thoughts

Wow.  Lots of shows this week, and I had some thoughts.  This is longer than it's been in quite a while.

Marlow Murder Club – I’m very intrigued by this new story.  I very much want to know who did it and what else they are hiding.  I feel for Becks.  She’s in a no win situation being caught between her old friend and the police/her new friends.  I’m also very anxious to find out who has been in the video room.

Marble Hall Murders – I really thought the episode was going to end with Elliot’s murder, so that wasn’t a cliffhanger for me.  Why is he going around making all these public accusations (of sorts).  Even in real life I wouldn’t be stupid enough to do that, and I know it’s fatal for fictional characters.  And why is Susan getting all the blame?  Don’t feel like the historical mystery made too much progress.

Weakest Link – I’ve got to admit, most of those villains I only knew from House of Villains.  And even then, I didn’t know a few of them.  I was hoping for Tom and Richard in the finals.  Oh well.  And Tiffany was just as annoying here as everywhere else.

Dancing with the Stars – Welp, I think we’ve found the non-dancer who is going to keep going further than he should.  Not that I am criticizing him for lack of effort.  I doubt I’d be doing much better.  And, it’s hard to argue with this week’s elimination.  There are several stars who seem to be struggling.  As Bruno said, everyone is trying, but I think the next few weeks will be fairly obvious eliminations.

RJ Decker – The case of the week was pretty week.  Okay, so I wasn’t just watching the show, but how did they find the ring?  I really missed something there.  Overall, it just felt very rushed.  But the cliffhanger at the end?  I really want to know what is going on there.

The Challenge – So bummed about Chris.  I was really rooting for him to make it to the end, and I’ve been rooting for him all season.  And I’m not liking team gray’s chances.  What will they do when it is a guy’s week again?  Although, I’m hearing we might have a shorter season, so we might be almost to the finals.  Still, I expect things to be pretty one sided when we get there.

Survivor – When they say unpredictable, they mean unpredictable.  Those first 20 minutes were wild.  Jumping off the ship.  No tribe right away.  The poor guy heading to exile.  It will be interesting to see two teams this season.  I’m hoping it means that there isn’t one tribe that dominates, because that’s been boring.  The fact that the team is coming back form tribal with some supplies is good.  And, Jeff (because I know you read my blog), some idols and twists are good.  But too many is bad.  There is a fine line.  Also, the coin flip?  It was great once, but it needs to go away now.  I always like it when an arrogant person is voted out, so the fact that this four strong alliance from before the teams were formed is already down a player, and someone who felt she was in control, makes me happy.  I hope Jenna gets a chance to fit in.  And I’m very curious to see how the season it going to unfold.

Totally 90’s House – Sorry, but the wrong team won.  First time I’ve felt that way, but I really thought the other team did a better job.  It was close, and maybe seeing it in person would make it more obvious to me why the judging went the way it did.  I will say, the one team is relying too much on the flooring for their nod to the 90’s.  It doesn’t look bad, but using it for everything?  And what was up with that pizza?  I get it was a retaliation prank, but a couple of seconds set up, and then all the time showing the delivery only to turn around and leave us dangling.  No word on how they paid for it or what they did with all those pizzas?  Bad storytelling.

Stuart Fails to Save the Universe – That was a pretty fun season finale.  Loved all the nods to Big Bang Theory without having any cameos.  If I didn’t know season two was coming, I don’t think I would have liked the ending.  But I’m very curious to see where they are going to go next.

The Traitors: New Blood – Xavier was the right one to cut since he was trying to get Katie banished.  Going after a traitor is wrong.  But, now Katie definitely had a target on her back, and I don’t know how she gets it off.  Especially since they killed Logan.  Why would you do that?  If someone has named one of you, you don’t kill them?  Just makes you more suspicious.  And, you can assume there are three traitors because they usually have three.  That’s not a slip up.  Oh, and Instagram has started showing me Sherry’s videos on social media.  I thought I recognized her last week, but I wasn’t sure until she got more screen time tonight.  I’m ready for Jay to go.  I hope he gets banished.

Special Forces: World’s Toughest Test – Yeah, I said I wouldn’t be back to watch this show again, but when I saw Candance Cameron Bure was on it, I had to watch.  Plus, I was curious how Ruby Rose would do.  And I’m remembering why I gave up the show after the first season.  It is rough.  I get it.  That’s what training for special forces is really like, and it makes me appreciate those who volunteer to go through the training and succeed all the more.  But it’s not me, and it’s painful to watch.  And scary.  I would have been out at the helicopter drop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.