Saturday, September 12, 2026

September 12th's Weekly TV Thoughts

Marlow Murder Club – The ladies are back!  It’s been long enough since I read the book these first two episodes are based on that I can’t remember what happened.  But I’m still about half a step ahead of the ladies.  As soon as something gets mentioned, I’ll remember what happens with that clue/development.  I’m enjoying watching the cast back in action.  Their chemistry is so much of the fun.

The Librarians: The Next Chapter (9/6) – I don’t know why it took me so long to figure out the whole nightmare situation.  I’d thought when they first showed up that they would fall victim to whatever was going on, too.  Not as creepy as some of the episodes this season.  And a good cliffhanger for the next episode.  Glad it’s only a day apart.

Marble Hall Murders – Yes, it took me until the end to see the connection between the two stories.  I wonder just how much of the book Elliot is writing is true.  And why is he confessing via the page?  While I’m sad Susan is single again, I’m not surprised.  And I was really happy to be back with her and Pundt as the new story gets going.

The Librarians: The Next Chapter (9/7) – That’s it?  Seriously?  I wondered if they were going this route about the time things took that serious turn, but when we actually got to the climax, it was all just so…anti-climactic.  The ending was just so poor.

The Challenge – Nelson, shut up!  I get that you are upset and frustrated.  But instead of trying to earn the trust of the rookies, you are going to call them out like that and keep picking at them.  Seriously, you are not going to win any of their votes that way.  There are other ways to go about it.  (And I’m just a few minutes into the episode.)  I hate it when a player has to leave due to an emergency.  I’ve heard Cory’s daughter is okay after her surgery, which makes me happy.  I’m very curious where the cliffhanger is going to end things.  Overall, I’m really not liking this captain thing, but it does add to the drama, which is the point.

Totally 90’s House – Both of those master bedrooms looked great when they were finished.  These teams are either getting some help behind the scenes or are much better at this than I’d ever be.  I’d take either one of the finish products, although I do think the right team won.  It was just a little better.

Stuart Fails to Save the Universe – That was interesting.  And, frankly, a little dark.  But there were some laughs.  And I’m curious to see where they are now that they are trapped.  And yes, it was fun to see another recurring character pop up in addition to Penny’s second appearance.  I’m wondering if Amy will get a second appearance before the season is over.  And are the other three in the wings for the season finale?

Anna Pigeon – Really?  They are going there?  I mean, I don’t feel like they had any major plot holes in the episode.  But still, this all feels like a twist in order to have twists.  Now we know they can just randomly make people bad guys.  And I really don’t get where the story with the big bad as even gone at this point.  It’s very disjointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.