Friday, August 21, 2015

August 21st's Book Beginnings and Friday 56

Welcome to Friday and this week's Book Beginnings and Friday 56.

This week's book is Lord of the Wings, the latest in the long running Meg Langslow series by Donna Andrews.



I actually just finished the book a few minutes ago, and I loved it!  If I'd realized it had a Halloween theme, I might have saved it for October, but I'm kind of glad I didn't know that since I had so much fun reading it.  Full review to come next week.  But for now, let's get to some teasers, shall we?

Here's how the book begins:

"Someone's broken into the Haunted House!"

And from page 56:

The loiterers began inching closer.
"Stand back," I snapped out.  "Goblin Patrol!"

Look for the full review at some point next week.  Exact date still to be determined.  Meanwhile, have a fantastic weekend.

10 comments:

  1. The colors on the cover are lovely together. A haunted house and goblins, I want to know more. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why would you break into a haunted house? I mean, I see the attraction I guess, and it does sound like something I'd do! Also, goblins... don't know whether I'm a big fan of those but I'm sure they can cause for excitement! Thanks for sharing :) I hope you have a great weekend!
    My Friday post
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  3. A haunted house. Goblins. Any time is a good time for a good scare. :-)
    sherry @ fundinmental Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even those brief teasers hint at Halloween. Sounds good. My Friday memes this week come from What Angels Fear by C. S. Harris which has been on my TBR mountain for years. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those snippets do sound like fun. Thanks for sharing!

    Check out my Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll put this on my calendar to read in October. Sounds like a fun book to read at Halloween.
    My Friday post features Key to Love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like a good one, going to put it on my wishlist. :)

    Stormi
    Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like fun. I'll add this to my Halloween reading list!

    Here's my 56 - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/08/21/the-friday-56-74-the-inescapable/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've only read 1 from this series but I really enjoyed it. This sounds like a fun read and how can I resist that beginning?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a fun, spooky read!
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.