Friday, October 16, 2020

October 16th's Book Beginnings and Friday 56

Welcome to Friday and Book Beginnings and Friday 56.

This week, I'm featuring Dim Sum of All Fears, the second Noodle Shop Mystery from Vivien Chien. 



I finished the book up earlier in the week.  I'd read the first one a couple of years ago, and I enjoyed finally getting back to revisit the characters.

Shall we get to it?  Here's how the book begins:

"Ai-ya!" my mother bellowed from across the crowded restaurant.  She stood up from the table, her hands squeezing her hips.  My sister and father turned in their chairs to see what she was looking at with such disdain.

It was me.  Lana Lee.

Meanwhile, on page 56, we get this:

"I know that face.  Whatever is going on, Adam can figure it out," I assured her.

"Are you trying to convince me of that?  Or yourself?"

I'll be reviewing the book on Wednesday, so I hope you'll come back and see what I thought of the book.

In the meantime, have a great weekend.

6 comments:

  1. I like the look of this one, and the quotes are interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks and sounds cute!! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read this earlier this year and enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to your review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have read one book by this author and so enjoyed it! I really need to read the rest of them books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a quirky, fun read. Thanks for sharing and enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.