Friday, October 9, 2020

October 9th's Book Beginnings and Friday 56

 We made it to another Friday!  Shall we celebrate with Book Beginnings and Friday 56?

This week, I'm featuring The Dogfather, the tenth Pampered Pets Mystery from Sparkle Abbey.


This series is always fun, and this book is no exception.  I finished it earlier in the week and enjoyed it as always.  You can get a sense of the fun from both of the quotes.

Here's how the book begins:

"This is a bad idea."

"It's a fine idea," Grey Donovan, my on-again, off-again fiance countered.

Want to see something have to do with a pet?  You're in luck.  Here's the quote I am pulling from page 56:

Missy and I jumped out and hustled inside.  I tossed her a couple of her favorite homemade paw print peanut butter snacks.  She knew I was bribing he, but she was also a dog, so she inhaled the treats regardless, with only the tiniest of reproachful expressions.

I hope you'll come back on Tuesday for my full review.  In the meantime, have a great weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Lol, Missy is a lot more discerning that my dog, she just sees treat and forgets all her dignity

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a lot of fun to me but I'm a dog person so maybe I'm a little bias... lol... Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.