Saturday, October 3, 2020

October 3rd's Weekly TV Thoughts

 I caught up on last week last Friday night, so the list is very long this week.

American Ninja Warrior (9/21) – Yes, I saved this one because I enjoy the show so much.  And it didn’t disappoint.  Not too many finishers this time, or at least it didn’t seem that way until the end.  Very impressed with the one rookie who did finish.  Jessie is always a blast to watch.  And the race at the end was very impressive.

Star Trek: Discovery (9/24) – Since I’ve enjoyed Star Trek off and on over the years, I’ve been curious about this show.  I’ve heard mixed reviews, and I can see them based on the pilot.  However, I also get that it is the pilot.  It appears most of the core cast aren’t in this episode, which leads me to believe it was supposed to be a two-hour premier originally.  However, breaking it up gives us a great cliffhanger.  Not too invested yet, but we’ll see what happens next week.

Match Game (9/24) – I’m going to question why they were doing a 58th episode special, but I don’t completely care.  It was fun.  As always, some of those blanks are hard to fill in.  Yet as soon as I hear the responses, I can’t believe I didn’t think of them myself.  I did come up with the one that everyone got during the first game, however.  Every so often, there’s one that is extremely easy.

LA’s Finest – Is it bad that this is the second episode and I had a hard time following the show?  The flashbacks weren’t obvious to me as flashbacks.  Not sure if it was because I wasn’t paying close enough attention or if it is because it wasn’t handled correctly.  And the main storyline, the one I was most interested in, was over in a flash.  They are already heavy on the mythology, but I don’t care enough about all the characters to be drawn in by that for a full hour yet.

Dancing with the Stars – I’m a little surprised that Disney night came so early, but I’m not complaining – more magical routines.  Obviously, the magic rubbed off on the judges because they seemed to give better scores as the night went along.  Not that the dancers didn’t earn those higher scores, so clearly the order they danced in had a lot of do with it.  Now that the two more obvious choices have gone home, it is going to be interesting to see who goes next.

Tell Me a Story – I called some of those “twists.”  I mean, they set up the brother saving the sister’s life weeks ago.  I wasn’t too surprised about the deaths either.  I’d say the one thing that surprised me was the grandmother.  I figured she wasn’t going to make it out of the story alive.  Season 2 will be starting in two weeks.  I’ll probably watch it, although part of me says I should stop now.

Weakest Link – I never watched the original American version very often, but I did enjoy it when I did.  I figured Jane Lynch would be a good host for this reboot.  I did enjoy her, but I felt she was trying to be Anne Robinson a bit too much.  It always amazes me the questions that people blank on that I think are obvious.  Of course, I know that being under pressure like that, I’d freeze up, too.

Press Your Luck – Wow.  I think that’s the most we’ve seen of the Whammy so far this season.  I mean, what a low total to win the initial game with.  As hard as I’m sure it was, walking away was the right decision with three Whammies there at the end.

Match Game – During the first game, I didn’t come up with Infection on the Dr. Suess question.  Actually, I’m a bit surprised I didn’t.  I would have missed the head to head match at the end.  I would have said short story.  That one shows you exactly where my mind usually is 

Star Trek: Discovery – Two episodes in and we still haven’t met the majority of the cast.  Wow.  And this episode took a dark, dark turn.  Not sure I really like how the Klingons look in this version.  I guess I’m just too used to how they looked in the series from the 80’s and 90’s.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.