Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Disney Pin Review: Haunted Mansion - Minnie Mouse the Main Attraction #10 - 2020 Release

Stars
: 2 out of 5
Pros: Tries for something different for a fan favorite attraction
Cons: The results don’t really work
The Bottom Line:
A ghostly Minnie
Pin set tries for different
Doesn’t pull it off

Minnie Will be Haunted by These Fashion Choices

It was no surprise to anyone that the attraction Minnie visited in October as part of the Minnie Mouse: the Main Attraction series was the Haunted Mansion.  I’m also not surprised that lots of people planned to get it since the Haunted Mansion is an extremely popular attraction, so it would appeal to those who were only casual collectors of series.  What did surprise me was that this was my least favorite release in the series.

In her journey around, the park, Minnie is making a quick hop from Big Thunder Mountain in Frontierland to the Haunted Mansion in New Orleans Square.  (Yes, I am Disneyland centric.  What can I say, I've been there countless times and only to Disney World once.)

As usual, the pin set features three pins.  The predominate colors this month were black and teal, which is fitting for a bunch of ghosts.  The icon this month is Madam Leota.  She’s looking at us from inside her crystal ball home.  The pin itself is round, and we can see Madam Leota’s face looking out at us.  So far, so good, right?

The second pin is Minnie.  She’s turned teal, although her dress and a ribbon on her head are a light purple.  She’s seen something that has frightened her because her legs are together, and her hands are on her face.  If you’ve seen reading my reviews of this series, you know I’m not a fan of the pins where Minnie isn’t her usual black and white, and this one definitely doesn’t work for me.

The final pin is the Minnie Ears pin.  If you look at other parts of the collection, you’ll see that they included the veil to represent the ghost bride they’ve added to the attraction in the last few years.  However, it doesn’t really work for the pin.  We’ve got black and teal stripes on the ears and Madam Leota in the middle of the bow.  But then there is a teal veil that is supposed to be hanging down behind the pin.  It just looks weird, especially since none of the other sets have done anything like that.  They’ve all just had the ears as a pin, nothing like the veil added.

Now, this isn’t to say that the set is horrible.  I can see what they were going for, and it just doesn’t work.

This is truly the only disappointing set in the series.  If there had been more like this, I wouldn’t have gone through the drama of trying to get all the sets in 2020.  But the only reason to get the Haunted Mansion pins for the Minnie Mouse: The Main Attraction series is if you are a completist collector.

If you'd like to see the pins, please stop by my Instagram account.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think I'm a fan either now that I've seen it, particularly the Minnie pin itself. And I agree with you about the ears. The solid teal veil really stands out and not necessarily in a good way. I do like the Madam Leota pin though. It appears to be well-detailed.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.