Sunday, January 31, 2021

Disney Pin Review: Snow White - Windows of Magic - 2020 Release

Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Great window for Snow White
Cons: None
The Bottom Line:
One last window pin
Honors Disney’s first princess
Great close to series






The Fairest Window of Them All

I was expecting a Snow White Windows of Magic pin to come out near the end of 2020.  After all, all of the original Windows of Evil pins got a Windows of Magic companion.  I still almost missed the release of Snow White in November, but I’m glad I was able to snag her.

Snow White is the most prominent feature of this pin, taking up most of the faux stained-glass window.  She’s wearing her princess dress and holding an apple in her hand.  Behind her you can see the pattern of a stained-glass window.  It absolutely feels appropriate for her.  It’s in pastels and doesn’t overwhelm the foreground at all.  Down at the bottom are seven diamonds, a great way to honor the dwarfs without trying to work all of them into the pin.  Up at the very top is a bluebird, representing all of Snow White’s animal friends.  The border has some fun pattern details to it.

I love the creativity in this window.  Okay, so for the most part it’s just Snow White, but I can’t help but smile when I see the diamonds down at the bottom.  Those are the kinds of details that made this series such fun.  The window itself looks good, and would look amazing if we could just get light to shine through it.  You know, if it were a real stained-glass window and not a pin.

Since Snow White was the first princess, I’m glad they honored her with a pin in the Windows of Magic series.  Those who were collecting this series might have missed it originally, but they will be happy they tracked it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.