Saturday, January 30, 2021

January 30th's Weekly TV Thoughts

Batwoman – As much as has changed this season, I still love Alice.  Is it wrong of me that I am rooting for them to keep her on the show even though she is a psychopath that everyone wants to kill?  (And I understand why they want her dead, don’t get me wrong.)  I don’t know that I’d be sticking around if it weren’t for her.  They are doing a good job of building up the new Batwoman and slowly working her into the show as well.

Card Sharks – I have to give the contestant props for trying to guess all of her cards herself.  And she made it much further than I thought she would.  I’m impressed with how much that guy one.  I understand why the contestant in the second game made her opponent go for it.  The odds really were pretty even that he’d miss.  The odds were in his favor then, but clearly not in his favor during the money cards.  Can’t believe all the bad breaks he had.

Ellen’s Game of Games – I try.  I really do.  But the maze just doesn’t translate to good TV.  I found it funny how much they were going back and forth in the hot potato game.  I felt sorry for the one family in Stink Tank who were out so quickly.

Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist – For some reason, I was surprised that George was one of the people Zoey had to fire.  But I’m not sorry to see the character go, and I’m kind of surprised that I’m surprised.  I’m interested to see where they go with the brother’s story now that he’s not working.

Call Me Kat – Very interesting episode that they would go there.  I mean, I can see that actually happening in the real world – someone gets upset over a misunderstanding and starts a smear campaign that is a lie.  But I’m rather surprised that they would float that as a scenario on the show.  Definitely better than last week, so I’ll keep watching, at least for now.

Star Trek: Discovery – It’s hard to say there were any real surprises in this episode.  But the scenes were well written and executed, so it is okay.  And they were needed scenes to either deal with the emotional fallout from the previous few episodes or to set up the season finale.  And seriously, I don’t see how they are going to wrap anything up in the episode that is left.  I’m expecting a bad cliffhanger, too, which will be an issue since I don’t have access to any of the other season – well not without paying, and I’m not willing to do that.

WandaVision – Glad to get a little bit of a “what’s really going on episode.”  It was kind of fun to see what was causing the stuff that has seemed odd to us.  So now we know the other side of the story.  But what is really going on?  Is it Wanda trying to create a happy life for herself?  Or is it really someone else?  I’m guessing one of the people she grabbed to create her town was the witsec person that got the FBI involved?  We shall find out I’m sure.  Are the episodes going to be back in Wanda’s world now?  Or a split between the two?  So many questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.