Sunday, November 21, 2021

Disney Pin Review: Kim Possible Cheering - All Star Trading Cards #11 - 2020 Release

Stars: 4 out of 5
Pros: Fun pin with a rarer Disney character
Cons: Will connect with Kim Possible fans more
The Bottom Line:
Kim Possible cheers
For being included here
A treat for her fans




I’m Cheering for This Pin Featuring Kim Possible

Another lesser used Disney character is making an appearance in this month’s All Star Trading Cards pin.  Kim Possible is here to represent cheer.

If you aren’t familiar with her, Kim Possible was the star of a Disney Channel animated series.  To be honest, that’s about as much as I know without looking up more information because I never watched it.  A quick search confirmed what I remembered about the premise.  Kim is a typical teenager – except for her missions fighting crime.  Honestly, it sounds like something I would enjoy if I had watched it.

Anyway, this pin features Kim in the middle of a cheer.  She’s leaping in the air, and the pompons in her hands are pointing down.  She is actually a separate pin attached to the base pin, so she is raised from the background.  The background is a field of some kind.  Honestly, I can’t quite tell what the background is supposed to be other than a field of some kind.  As usual, Kim has signed the pin in the upper right-hand corner and Cheer is written in a blue banner across the bottom of the card.

This pin series really did feature characters from across Disney’s many brands.  I like that.  Of course, since I’m not a fan of the series, I don’t connect with this pin quite as much.  But I knew enough to immediately recognize Kim and get why she is included for cheerleading.

For some of the pins, I’ve questioned whether they were truly a sport.  That’s not the case here.  I’ve seen enough of cheer competitions to know just how much athleticism is demanded for it.  It’s very different from billiards, for example.

I doubt I would have picked up this pin if I weren’t collecting the series.  Fans of Kim Possible will definitely want to track down a copy for themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.