Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Book Review: Mr. Brown Can Moo! Can You? by Dr. Seuss

Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Fun with various sounds
Cons: I don’t hear any cons
The Bottom Line:
A book filled with sounds
That demands reading aloud
All ages will love



Sounds Like a Fun Book for All Ages

One reason I still enjoy picking up kids’ books is just how much fun they can be.  Dr. Seuss is a master of this, and it’s hard to think of one that is more fun than Mr. Brown Can Moo! Can You?

It’s a simple book.  There’s really no plot, but as we read, we find out about all the noises that Mr. Brown can imitate.  Yes, he can imitate a cow, but there’s also a cork, rain, a train, and a butterfly.  Yes, you read that right.

As you can see, this book can get a bit silly at times.  It is Dr. Seuss after all.  But that’s what makes it fun.  What also makes it fun is that all of Mr. Brown’s noises are part of the text, so when you are reading this book out loud, you get to make those noises, too.

This book is classified as an early reader.  While some of the words aren’t your typical earlier reader vocabulary, the rhythm of the book makes it fairly easy to sound them out.  It’s a good challenge.

And yes, this book is written in typical Dr. Seuss rhythm and rhyme.  The pictures are classic Seuss as well.

The most fun comes when reading this book aloud and going for all the noises.  Heck, even as I was rereading this to write my review I did that, and I was smiling the entire time.

If you have a young child in your life, they will absolutely love this book.  Mr. Brown Can Moo! Can You? is still fun all these years later no matter your age.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.