Wednesday, March 30, 2022

March 30th's Can't Wait Wednesday

Years ago, I participated in Waiting on Wednesday a few times, but it ended back in 2016.  As I've recently decided to jump into a few of these weekly blog events again, I was happy to find that someone else has kept the spirit of that old event alive.  Teressa at Wishful Endings now hosts Can't Wait Wednesday.  The idea is to share about a book that isn't out yet, but we already can't wait to read it.

This week, I am featuring Claws for Suspicion, the third Catskill Pet Rescue Mystery from Deborah Blake.


This series has charmed me from the first book, and I can't wait to see what trouble Kari finds along the way in this one.  Here's the official blurb.

When someone from her past comes to town to cause trouble, Kari Stuart and her sassy kitten Queenie will have to work hard to protect the Serenity Sanctuary in this new Catskills Pet Rescue Mystery.

Kari Stuart is finally starting to relax into her role as the new owner of the Serenity Sanctuary and is looking forward to the various fun autumn activities in the beautiful Catskills town of Lakeview, like the annual Oktoberfest celebration. It’s time for friends and quality bonding with handsome vet Angus McCoy. Until the unexpected arrival of her unpleasant ex-husband, Charlie Smith.

He comes bearing a shocking revelation—the paperwork on their divorce never went through, and they are still married. Worse yet, he thinks this entitles him to half of her lottery winnings—although he'll happily take partial ownership of the sanctuary instead. Kari isn’t sure if he’s telling the truth, or if it’s just another one of Charlie’s lies.

But things go from bad to worse when an unexpected death makes Kari the main suspect in a murder investigation. Will she and Queenie be able to find the real killer and keep the home they’ve built at the sanctuary safe, or is their string of luck finally tapped out?

Why do I have a feeling the ex is going to be the murder victim?  I know they didn't say it, but I'd actually be more surprised if he isn't.

The books comes out May 3rd.  Fortunately, I don't have that long to wait.

4 comments:

  1. I love this series! The first two books were so good. I'm looking forward to this one too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds really good. I don't know how I missed this series, but it's going on my wishlist right now. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love punny titles! I hope you enjoy this one when you read it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have so enjoyed the first two books and I can't wait for this one!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.