Sunday, March 6, 2022

March 6th's Sunday/Monday Posts

 I've been thinking about joining a few of the various memes that go on around the book blogosphere for a while now, and I've decided to jump in today.  Why today?  I'm not sure, but here we go, I will be participating in Sunday Post, Sunday Salon, Stacking the Shelves, Mailbox Monday, and It's Monday. What Are You Reading?

I think one reason why I am jumping on the post this week is that I actually had a week that was all books this last week.  That rarely happens around here, since I classify myself as a review blog more than a strick book blog.  It's why I am still reviewing 20 years later, it gives me something different to look at and flex different analytical muscles.

Here's what was on the blog this last week:

Sunday: Book Review - Forbidden City by James Ponti
Monday: February 2022 Reading Summary
Tuesday: Book Review - Wild Irish Rose by Rhys Bowen and Clare Broyles
Wednesday: Book Review: Mr. Brown Can Moo!  Can You? by Dr. Seuss
Thursday: Book Review: Caramel Pecan Roll Murder by Joanne Fluke
Friday: Book Beginnings, First Line Friday, Friday 56 Featuring A Nun in the Closet
Saturday: March 5th's Weekly TV Thoughts

Yes, one non-book post snuck in there.  But this week will be a bit more normal around here:

Sunday - Movie Review: Black Widow
Monday - Ornament Review: Whittaker Q. Snowden
Tuesday - Book Review: A Nun in the Closet by Dorothy Gilman
Wednesday - TV Show Review: Supergirl - Season 6
Thursday - Book Review: The Decorator Who Knew Too Much by Diane Vallere
Friday - Book Beginnings, First Line Friday, Friday 56 Featuring A Dismal Harvest
Saturday - March 12th's Weekly TV Thoughts

I am hoping today to finish up my current read - A Bird's Eye View of Murder by Jacqueline Vick.  It's a bit different for me since there is a strong paranormal element to it, but I'm enjoying it.  Expected review date is March 17th.



Up next will be An Eternal Lei by Naomi Hirahara.  Looking forward to returning to Hawaii with this one.



Just one new book for me this week, Deadly Director's Cut, the second Catskills Summer Resort Mystery from Vicki Delaney.




On a personal note, this last week was a stressful one at work.  I'm not sure that the coming week will be any better, but we'll see.  However, before we get there, I've got church this morning, and I'm leaving directly from there to go to an ultimate Frisbee tournament this afternoon.  That should be fun.

Have a great week, all.

12 comments:

  1. Sorry things are so stressful at work. Hopefully, this morning left you refreshed and ready for your week. I was in nursery this morning and will be teaching the youth this evening. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must be the only person in the world who can't stand the books by Rhys Bowen. The so-called history is so carelessly done, as if she has contempt for her readers' education.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didn't know Hirahara had a Hawaiian series. Must look it up! Happy reading week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry work has been stressful for you. I hope this week is better!

    Here’s my Sunday Post!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear work is stressful. I hope it lightens up this week. Looks like you have some good books on your list to read. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your TBR lineup. All the settings is like taking a trip around the world. Sorry to hear work has been stressful, but at least you can make things a bit better with your book list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to the Monday meme’s, lots of bloggers who participate host mixed content blogs.

    Wishing you a great reading week, and a less stressful time at work

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome to the Sunday/Monday crowd!

    Hope you have a great week. Less busy to start off with right?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope this week will be less stressful for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm curious about that series by Vicki Delany. I like her writing. I hope this week is less stressful. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so happy you joined us at Sunday Salon for the first time. And, wow, you have been reviewing books for twenty years. That's fantastic.

    A Bird's Eye View of Murder looks like a lot of fun. I hope to hear more later.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad you linked at MM! I hope that church and frisbee helped ease the sense of stress.
    I like cozy mysteries with paranormal elements so I will check out A Bird's Eye View of Murder. The Delaney series sounds good too.
    Have a good week and Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.