Friday, March 25, 2022

Ornament Review: Storytellers - 2021 Hallmark Release

Stars: 4 out of 5
Pros: Great looking ornament of a statue…when well light
Cons: Doesn’t have any detail when it isn’t in direct light
The Bottom Line:
Statue ornament
With young Disney and Mickey
Needs light to enjoy



Doesn’t Quite Tell the Story I Want It To

As soon as I spotted the Storytellers ornament from Hallmark, I had to get it.  While the statue isn’t quite as iconic as the Partners statue in Disneyland, I do like this statue of Walt Disney and Mickey Mouse that is featured in California Adventure.  However, the ornament doesn’t quite work as well as I hoped it would.

The statue features a younger Walt Disney as he was when he arrived in Los Angeles in the 1920’s.  He’s leaning on a large trunk with his jacket flung casually over his shoulder.  The trunk has “Walt Disney Cartoonist” on it, and a few stickers of places Walt stopped along the way.  Mickey is standing on top of the trunk holding a suitcase of his own.  They both looked excited for what lies ahead.

Since this is an ornament of a statue, it is all one color – copper.  Okay, so there are a few places where it is supposed to appear to have aged a little by the weather, but it is pretty much the one tone.  Despite that, it looks good with plenty of detail to make it easy to know what you are looking at.

However, that is also my issue with the ornament.  I excitedly put it on my tree this past December, and discovered that when I just had the tree lights on, it looked like a giant lump.  You have to have it in a bright light to really see it for what it is.

On the plus side, it does hang straight, and it has a large base, so you can set it out to be enjoyed year round.

This is a well constructed ornament, so I am happy I got the Storytellers ornament.  I just need to figure out an alternative way to enjoy it since it doesn’t look as good on a tree as I hoped it would.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.