Sunday, March 20, 2022

March 20th's Sunday/Monday Posts

Hi all!  It's Sunday morning (okay, fine, it's Saturday night my time still), so that means it's time to post some about our lives, bookish and otherwise.  As such, I'll be participating in:

Sunday Salon
Sunday Post
Stacking the Shelves
Mailbox Monday
It's Monday, What Are You Reading?

I had a busy week.  I was trying to get a bunch of stuff wrapped up at work, and do it all in four days.  Thursday, I was off for my annual colonoscopy.  I haven't talked about it around here for several years, but back in late 2017, I was diagnosed with colon cancer.  This was my annual follow up appointment.  They didn't find anything concerning, again, which is always nice.  I wasn't expecting them to find anything concerning, but it is nice to get that from a medical professional, you know?

I did fill out my first March Madness bracket ever this week, which lead me to "watching" some of the games.  (My definition of watching sports is to have the TV on with the sound off as I work on other things and check the score occasionally.)  I was actually doing pretty well early Monday, and I was ahead of my work group, but I've dropped since then and I'm near the bottom.  Oh well.  Considering that I don't follow sports, I'm surprised I did as well as I did early on Thursday.

That was pretty much my excitement in my real life this week.  (Honestly, I don't lead a very exciting life.)  So let's take a look at what I posted on the blog this week.

This Past Week on the Blog:

Sunday - Disney Pin Review: Big Thunder Mountain - Cuckoo for Disney Pins
Monday - Ornament Review: Winter Fun with Snoopy #24
Tuesday - Book Review: A Dismal Harvest by Daisy Bateman
Wednesday - Movie Review: Turning Red
Thursday - Book Review: A Bird's Eye View of Murder by Jacqueline Vick
Friday - Friday Book Post Featuring An Eternal Lei
Saturday - March 19th's Weekly TV Thoughts

This Coming Week on the Blog:

What have I got coming up this week on the blog?  I'm glad you asked.

Sunday - Music Review: inhale (exhale) by MercyMe
Monday - Movie Review: A Quiet Place
Tuesday - Book Review: An Eternal Lei by Naomi Hirahara
Wednesday - Movie Review: Signed, Sealed, Delivered
Thursday - Book Review: Dead in the Water by S. C. Merritt
Friday - Ornament Review: Storytellers
Saturday - TV Show Review: Pearson - The Completely Series

Maybe not quite the normal variety pack, but still, a variety of reviews coming up this week.

This Week's Book Haul:

I got two books this week.  I rarely pre-order by more than a week or two, but I took advantage of the pre-order sale that Barnes and Noble had at the end of January to order lots of books coming out between now and the end of the year.  One of those came this week, but for some reason, in my notes, I had it coming out next week.  Not that I'm complaining.

Anyway, this week's books were:



Jesus Can by Austin French with Tim Luke
Under Lock and Skeleton Key by Gigi Pandian

Yes, a non-fiction book snuck in there.  Austin French is a Christian singer I enjoy, so I thought I'd buy it when I was buying one of his CDs off his site.

Finally, we come to...

What I'm Currently Reading





I actually just finished up a book on Saturday, Death in a Blackout, the first in a new series from Jessica Ellicott.  I enjoyed it, and I'm looking forward to reading more in the series.  I'm running very ahead right now since I plan on review the book in the beginning of April.  I'm not normally quite this far ahead, not that I'm complaining.

Now, I'll be starting Murder in the Bowery by Victoria Thompson.  I'm still working on catching up in the Gaslight series, and I'm looking forward to this adventure.

Finally, I'm starting an audio book as well, A Little Class on Murder by Carolyn Hart.  Yes, the Death on Demand series is another series I am way behind on.  I'm looking forward to it.

I think that about wraps us up for the week.  Hope you have a great one.

18 comments:

  1. Good news about your medical test! I've read a few Victoria Thompson books awhile back and enjoyed them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to read a lot of Carolyn Hart but haven't picked up her more recent books. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's good news about the medical test! I hope you enjoy March Madness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many blogs on books — and so many books I’m not familiar with. I don’t know yours at all. Fascinating how diverse the book world is.

    best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am trying to catch up on Gaslight too! I am currently on book 17 so getting there...lol. It's one of my favorite series!

    Have a great week and happy reading!
    Stormi
    Week in Review

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous news about your health testing. I'm sure that is a wonderful feeling to know you are doing well after having colon cancer.

    That's a fun way to have books pop up periodically throughout the year. I hope you enjoy the books that arrived.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad your test showed you're still doing well after having cancer! My doctor talked about me having a colonoscopy, so that may be coming up soon for me since I'll be 50 this year. Hope that you have a good week and enjoy your reads!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad your colonoscopy didn't show anything concerning. :) My husband is a cancer survivor and always has scans done as well. It's been 12 years and so far, he's doing well too. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's great your test was ok. Also a normal, not exciting life is excellent. That way you can do the things you plan and not be dealing with crisis all the time. I'm thrilled with normal. I'm up to date on Gaslight and Death on Demand books. I had lots of years I only read mysteries.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad the medical tests were encouraging. I've reached the stage in my life when I spend quality time with friends driving them to colonoscopies! I'm with Northwoman-- excitement is rarely a good thing. Hope it's a bit springlike in your world for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great news about your medical appointment. I'm sure it's a relief to know all is well.

    Under Lock and Skeleton Key looks really good. I've been seeing it around the blogs lately.

    I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great you got another all clear. Must set your mind at rest for sure. Lots of good mystery reading and watching sport with the sound off sounds fine. Who needs life to be extraordinary. Ordinary moments are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes! After being diagnosed with cancer, it’s nice to get “you’re just fine” results! 😊 Congratulations! My family was oh so interested in NMSU’s game during March Madness. I enjoy watching the last five minutes or so. Read your review on A Bird’s Eye View of Murder – sounds good especially if it had you laughing out loud!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good news on your colonoscopy results! I just got the most recent Gaslight Mystery for review. I've only read the first book in the series and this is #25. Should be interesting. I'm behind on the Death on Demand series too. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad to hear that your medical test had no bad news! Yay! My Monday reading list

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is good to have those clear tests! (I'm in year seven clear of breast cancer.)
    Loved the blurb for Jesus Can - added to my wish list.
    I have been meaning to read Thompson's gaslight mysteries but I don't guess I could catch up.
    The Hart series looks good too. More books to add to my towering shelves.
    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so glad you got clear test results! Even if you know there's nothing to worry about it's such a huge relief to get the all clear from the doctors. I'll be curious to see what you think of Under Lock and Skeleton Key. The Victoria Thompson series is one I want to catch up soon. I'm debating starting that one, the Mrs. Jeffries series, or the Donna Andrews series. So many long running series to decide between!
    Thanks for your kind comment on my Sunday Post and I hope you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I’m glad your tests were clear. My husband just dropped his paperwork in for his second colonoscopy. Unfortunately his older brother was diagnosed with Stage 4 at 59 and passed away a few months later so the risk is there for him.

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.