Sunday, March 13, 2022

March 13th's Sunday/Monday Posts

 It's Sunday.  Did you remember to set your clocks ahead an hour?  I was going to go to bed earlier than normal to help with the transition.  Yeah, that didn't happen.

Actually, my Saturday didn't really go as planned.  But in a good way.  A friend invited me to go paddle boarding with her this afternoon.  It was a gorgeous day in Southern California with a break in the winds we've been getting.  I figured we'd be out there a couple of hours, but it was three.  Then she took me to a late lunch for my birthday.  So I didn't get home until evening.  Talked to my parents and another friend after that.  So, I didn't get my book finished or Finding Red watched on Disney+.

But I'm not complaining.  Truly, I'm not.  If I could change anything about today, I wouldn't.

Work was better this week.  Still busy, but not as stressful.  This week will be just as busy, however.  Got to buckle down and plow through all the stuff on my plate.

Shall we get to the meat of this post for the week?  Once again, I will be participating in:

Sunday Salon
Sunday Post
Stacking the Shelves
Mailbox Monday
It's Monday, What Are You Reading?


This Week's Book Haul

As I hinted above, my birthday was this last week - Tuesday to be exact.  I got a book as a present, and I bought myself another couple as presents.  Plus, I picked up a new ebook while it was on sale.  This week's new additions were:

Murder on the Iditarod Trail by Sue Henry
Deliciously FoxTrot by Bill Amend
The Pajama Frame by Diane Vallere
Lover Come Hack by Diane Vallere







Yes, two of those books are in the same series.  Books 5 and 6 in the series, in fact.  As you'll see below, I reviewed book 4 in the series this week.  One of my plans for the year is to try to catch up on Diane Vallere's books.  I'm going to be alternating between her two ongoing series.  It will still take me a couple of years to catch up, but this will be a nice start toward it.

This Past Week on the Blog


Meanwhile, here's what went up on the blog this week:


Coming Up on the Blog


What do I have planned for the blog this week?  Most of it is set, but Wednesday's review is still up in the air.  It will depend on how my Sunday goes.

Sunday - Disney Pin Review: Big Thunder Mountain - Cuckoo for Disney Pins
Monday - Ornament Review: Winter Fun with Snoopy #24
Tuesday - Book Review: A Dismal Harvest by Daisy Bateman
Wednesday - Movie Review: ???  It will either be Turning Red or A Quiet Place, depending on if I get Turning Red watched in time to review it or not
Thursday - Book Review: A Bird's Eye View of Murder by Jacqueline Vicks
Friday - Book Beginnings, First Line Friday, Friday 56 Featuring An Eternal Lei
Saturday - March 19th's Weekly TV Thoughts

What I'm Currently Reading


Finally, let's talk about what I am currently reading.  Since I didn't get this book finished on Saturday, I'm still reading Danger on the Atlantic by Erica Ruth Neubauer.  I'm enjoying this Atlantic crossing in 1926 very much.  




I should finish it on Sunday, so Monday, I will start on Three Shots to the Wind, the newest from Sherry Harris.  I'm really looking forward to this one since Sherry is one of my favorite authors.






Both of these are arcs for books that come out at the end of March.  I'm planning to review them on release week.

I think that about covers it for this week.  I hope you're having a great weekend and be well rested to jump in to another week.

11 comments:

  1. The clock is not being set an hour forward over here till March 27th! I was like; Did I miss something!? Lol.

    Hope you'll have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't set the clock forward here in SA, we just have loadshedding and between 2.5 and 7.5 hours per day of no power. Maybe our government should try something like daylight saving....

    Murder on the whatsaname trail caught my eye.

    Have a good week and happy reading and blogging!

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
  3. Murder on the Iditarod Trail is a great choice for this time of year. I love books set in Alaska, so I'll have to check out that series. Happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated birthday, books are always a great gift. Glad you had a great Saturday, ours was very rainy! Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a fun day! Getting books for presents is the best. I need to get ahold of the Vallere books. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah sounds like a fun morning out on the ocean. I got caught by the change of clocks in the USA. I was clocking in to a talk by poet David Whyte same as last week's time, but... caught the end of it. Dang, but seems like I wasn't the only one. Never mind will catch the recording.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a fan of Sue Henry's Alaska mysteries. I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday 🎈
    We still have a few more weeks til the clock goes back here down under, I’m not looking forward to it.

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday! I'd love to spend my birthday the way you did.

    It looks like you have been planning your reading well. You've got everything lined up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday! The time change isn't as much of an issue since I've retired. I set my own schedule now. If I want to stay up late and sleep late, no one is bothered. Nice looking assortment of books. I'm trying to work my way through the Fool's Gold series by Susan Mallery. That might take me a couple of years yet. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Belated Birthday! Sounds like you had a great day.
    I was late going to bed Saturday. Hubby forgot to tell me it the clocks moved forward and I hadn't heard it at all.
    I like the looks of the historical mystery and the new cozy.
    You are tempting me with New-To-Me authors.
    Have a great week and Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.