Monday, April 11, 2022

Ornament Review: Stocking Stuffers #1 - Pets - 2021 Hallmark Release

Stars: 4 out of 5
Pros: Cute animals in a festive stocking
Cons: A bit on the large size
The Bottom Line:
Animal stocking
Starts a festive new series
It’s a little large



Stockings Stuffed with Animal Cuteness

Through a mix-up, I wound up with the first in Hallmark’s Stocking Stuffers series.  I’d been debating about starting the series, so I’m not complaining too loudly.  And it is a cute addition to my collection.

Each ornament in this series will feature something different in the top of a stocking.  And each ornament will be created by a different Hallmark artist.  This first one was done by Nina Aube, and she chose pets as her theme.

The stocking is mostly green, but almost a mint green, so it doesn’t blend into the tree too badly.  There are white snowflake decorations on it, red bands, and even some bells.  Peeking out of the top of the ornament are pets.  We’ve got a dog, cat, rabbit, hamster, and, sitting on a candy cane, a bird.  They are a bit more cartoony in nature instead of realistic looking, but overall, they are cute.  Behind them, we’ve got green holly and a red bow.

My hesitation on starting this series was twofold.  First, I don’t need any new series to start (says the guy thinking hard about two, maybe three of the new series starting in 2022).  My condo is drowning in ornaments, I only put up a fraction of what I have, and I have stopped several of the series I back collected at one point.

The bigger issue with this ornament was a size.  It feels larger than many Hallmark ornaments.  I have a feeling that is because the ornament is so fat.  It has to be to squeeze in all the animals up on top.

On the other hand, it is cute.  I’ve mentioned that, right?  Nina shared that she included pets her family has had over the years.  While that personal touch obviously doesn’t connect to me personally, I appreciate that these animals do mean something special to her.

Being a stocking, this ornament is meant to be hung.  You won’t be able to set it out to be displayed.  But, when you go to hang it, you’ll find that it hangs straight.

The 1 in a Christmas tree series marker is on the back of the ornament.

I’m still on the fence about starting this series.  If it weren’t for my over abundance of ornaments, I wouldn’t hesitate.  While a bit large, the first Stocking Stuffers ornament is very cute.

Stuff you collection with the rest of the Stocking Stuffers ornaments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.