Friday, April 22, 2022

April 22nd's Friday Post

 Welcome to Friday!  Time for some bookish posts.  This week for the posts, I will be featuring Cheddar Off Dead by Korina Moss.

This is the first in a new Cheese Shop Mysteries series.  Yes, I've read it and enjoyed it.

Up first, let's look at the first line for First Line Friday and Book Beginnings:

"Taleggio."  I presented the younger couple with a sample of the dense, pale yellow sheese with its orange edible rind.

Is it too late to warn you that reading this book will make you crave cheese?  Especially if you already love cheese.

The teaser for Friday 56 is more plot related.  On page 56, we find this:

Baz must've sensed my hesitancy.  "You want me to come with you?"
"No, don't be silly.  I'm fine."

Is she fine?  You'll have to read the book to find out.  As I said earlier, I've already read the book.  My full review will be up on Monday, so I hope you'll come back for it.

Now, let's close things out with the Book Blogger Hop.  This week's question is:

Do you finish reading every book that you have slotted for a review?

The simple answer to the question is yes.  It is very rare that I set a book down and don't finish it.  I'm drawing a blank at the last time that happened, actually.  If I've agreed to an arc, I definitely finish it and post a review, good or bad.  But, as I said, I can't remember the last time I didn't finish a book, and I review everything I read.

18 comments:

  1. When I stop reading #MGLit, I swear I'm going to go back through your blog and read all of the cozt mysteries you mention! Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The name and that cover are calling to me... 😄

    ReplyDelete
  3. That title has a very clever wordplay.

    Have a good weekend!

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love the title! I also review every book I read and if I got an ARC I do finish the book, regardless of if I like it or not. However, I have started not finishing books if I am not enjoying them if they are not ARC's. I used to feel like I had to finish a book I started but there are too many good books and not enough time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My first lines come from Fatal Code by Natalie Walters which comes out next month. :
    Maple Valley, Iowa
    “Death has no sting.”
    He studied the pastor speaking from the stage, a giant cross hanging behind him and smirked. Depends on how you kill someone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that title! I also finish every book I get for review, no matter what. Lately, though, I've left a few non-ARC books unfinished. I never used to do that, but I've recently come to the conclusion that there's just too many good books out there to waste my time on ones I'm not enjoying.

    Hope you have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Friday!
    I’m currently reading Blind Date with a Billionaire Reality Star by Evangeline Kelly. It’s super good!
    “I wasn’t sure if they were his actual favorite or not, but it thrilled me that Abby and I would have two hours with him on a sunset boat ride. The thought was absolutely heavenly.”
    I hope you have a fantastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have this one on my list to read. It really looks like a good series and I do love cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a punny title! Definitely wouldn't want to read while hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like an interesting book. I'm not a fan of cheese so I should be ok 🤣

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how you also read all your review books. I am a firm believer in not DNFing, like you said, something good may be missed. :-) Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love cheese and this book sounds great!! It's so great that you read and review every book.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for visiting my blog. In answer to your musing about the word pioneer vs settler, my husband looked up the etymology of the word pioneer and it relates to the first people going into a territory previously unsettled. It makes sense. It also involves walking (from the french word) so I guess people who came to American on the fist ships couldn't be pioneers since they didn't walk. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes sense. Thank you husband for looking that up for me.

      Delete
  14. It's impressive that you can finish every book... I try, but if its just not good... I DNF. That's why it looks like I give out so many five star reviews and so few one stars.

    https://getlostinlit.blogspot.com/2022/04/friday-book-blog-hop_01037462337.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Even though this book wasn't a favorite for me I do love the title and the side characters. Looking forward to seeing your review!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love cozy mystery titled. They're so creative! My first line is from Counterfeit Love by Crystal Caudill. Happy Weekend!

    https://daniellegrandinetti.com/2022/04/22/counterfeit-love/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for this, Mark! I've been at Malice Domestic since Thursday, so I hadn't seen this until now. Looking forward to your review!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.