Saturday, April 30, 2022

April 30th's Weekly TV Thoughts

The Weakest Link – I’ve got to say, it always amazes me when I get to the end and realize how much a team has banked all game because it sure doesn’t seem like they’ve made that much along the way.  Nicely played final round, although Seth really should have been in the finals instead.

Superman and Lois – An interesting episode.  I enjoyed seeing the alternative takes on the characters.  But I had questions.  How do all those other people have super powers?  And Anderson seemed to know some stuff that he wouldn’t have known based on what happened on our Earth.  Unless I’m forgetting something since it’s been a few weeks since we got a new episode.  I’m sure I can mostly forget this one since the action will be back on our Earth going forward.  And, as always, things are getting much, much worse.

Naomi – I’m glad she’s gone home, but I can understand why she was so upset.  But running is never the way to get away from your problems.  I think I’m ready to see some of the danger, however.  They keep threatening that major danger is coming, but it’s just not happening.  We have three hours left (over two weeks).  We’d better see some major action.

Moon Knight – I know I said it last week, but that was...interesting.  Took me a bit to figure out what was going on in reality vs. his mind.  And I guess they answered my biggest question, but I didn’t really expect it to be that way.  I think I’m going to have to think this through to fully understand it.

The Flash – I think one reason I am struggling with this season is the amount of geek babble they have to do.  And since we have smaller arcs, we have to get more of that.  There is so little time left for just fun any more and a random bad guy to defeat.  I have a feeling what comes next is going to be bad.

Survivor – Always interesting to see how the game progresses when they split people up with no warning like that.  However, that second tribal was a bit too much for me.

Domino Masters – Got to admit, I was rooting for Runs in the Family.  Don’t disagree with the judges, and they were the team that should have gone home.  But I’m very sorry to see them go.  All three of the runs were fantastic again with so many fun elements.  And I love that the judges do talk about the good and the bad, and talk about the bad in a respectful way.

United States of Al – As I was expecting, I didn’t appreciate Al’s storyline.  I am still not sure what I think of Riley and Vanessa.  I get that she doesn’t know what she wants, but maybe she should be figuring that out without sleeping with two guys.

How We Roll – I get it is a sitcom, but I don’t see wanting to live with the mother.  She is good for a few laughs, but oh man, she would be annoying after an hour or so.  I suspect they thought it would be easier to work her into stories more organically if she was living with the main characters.  I did get a few laughs from the first episode.  The second episode was so cute.  I kind of hope they continue with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.