Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Ornament Review: Merry Lil' Pluto - 2021 Hallmark Release

Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Good miniature ornament of Pluto
Cons: Does tip forward slightly
The Bottom Line:
This mini Pluto
Cute holiday ornament
That fans will enjoy



Miniature Pluto Ornament Actually Works Out Pretty Well

So far, I’ve talked about two of the miniature ornaments Hallmark released in 2021 featuring classic Disney characters.  Sadly, I didn’t feel Mickey and Minnie worked as well as they were supposed to.  However, I was happy with Merry Lil’ Pluto.

Pluto has just gotten his gift for the year, a big bone.  The bone still has a ribbon on it, but Pluto has it in his mouth.  He’s down on all fours, with his front paws on the bone while his back paws are scrunched a little like he’s ready to start running.

Since this is a miniature ornament, that’s pretty much it.  There isn’t space for any more.  It’s a little hard to see Pluto’s face, especially since he’s biting the bone, so he’s looking down, but almost everyone will easily figure out who he is.

My issue with the Mickey and Minnie ornaments was their size.  Even for a miniature ornament, they felt small.  That issue has gone away with Pluto.  Yes, he’s still a miniature ornament, but he’s just a little bit bigger, and it makes all the difference.

Because of the way Pluto is crouched, you can set this ornament out to be displayed if you so desire.  I’d recommend you make sure it is in a place where it won’t be knocked off and lost.  Also, his legs seem like they might be a bit fragile, but hopefully, that’s just me being cautious.

When you go to hang the ornament, you’ll note that it tips forward slightly, but that’s mostly a result of where the ring is on Pluto’s back.  It’s not super noticeable, and once you have it among tree branches, you’ll forget all about it.

Merry Lil’ Pluto is a fun miniature ornament.  I’m glad I got him, and other Disney fans will be happy to track him down.

2 comments:

  1. Aw, Pluto was always one of my favorite Disney characters

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is so cute and something in his expression reminds me of my dog. At Christmas we have a tree in my son's school room with mostly Disney ornaments and I need to see if I can find this one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.