Friday, April 15, 2022

April 15th's Friday Posts

Wow!  It's been about a month since I joined in on the Friday book post fun.  And I had just joined a new one, finally, too.  Well, time to remedy that.

For the posts this week, I will be featuring teasers from Uneasy Prey, the sixth Zoe Chambers Mystery by Annette Dashofy.


The series is a little more serious than the cozies I typically read, but only a few shades.  This book finds paramedic Zoe and her boyfriend, Police Chief Pete Adams trying to track down the people robbing the elderly in their community.

Up first, let's look at how the book opens for First Line Friday and Book Beginnings:

Tony DeLuca snapped a note in her direction.  "Welcome back.  You're up.  Ninety-two-year-old female.  Unresponsive."

Yep, we jump right into the action.  The book is like that, and doesn't really let up until the final page.

Now it's time for Friday 56, so looking at page 56 of this book, we find:

"Police," he called.
There was a thump from upstairs.  Then slow footsteps above Pete's head.

This was a great book.  I've already finished it (I'm running very ahead of schedule at the moment), and written the review, which will be up next Thursday.  I hope you come back then to read it.

Finally, I'm going to close things out with the Book Blogger Hop.  This week's question is:

Do you prefer to leave book jackets on or off while reading?

I'm definitely a book jackets off reader.  The only time I leave them on is when I got the book from the library, since they are taped on.  Otherwise, they sit on the living room end table where my finished books for the month go until I finish the book.  Then the jacket goes back on the book.  I'm too afraid of wrinkling or tearing the jacket.

Have a wonderful Easter weekend!

11 comments:

  1. Those snippets really pulled me in. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never think about book jackets. I guess I leave them on and then fuss with them to always make sure they are straight. My quotes this week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great snippets. I really do need to start this series sometime. It keeps popping up for me. Maybe that's a sign. It does sound really good. Thanks for sharing! Hope you have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds interesting, glad you enjoyed it. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been eyeing these books and the excerpts you shared make me want to read it. I think it's a series I would enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with you. The beginning grabbed my interest. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My first line comes from Shadows in a Mind’s Eye by Janyre Tromp:
    Darkness had long ago swallowed the greyhound bus moving down the road so slow that it might as wrll have been going backwards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very intriguing!!!! Happy Easter weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. your book sounds exciting!

    https://getlostinlit.blogspot.com/2022/04/friday-book-blog-hop_02052028264.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. My library glues the dust jackets to the inside of the book. If I have an ex-library there no way for me to take the jacket off without damaging the book.

    https://tellmeayarnblg.wordpress.com/2022/04/16/do-you-prefer-to-leave-the-dust-jacket-on-or-off-while-read/

    ReplyDelete
  11. This series is on my TBR. Love the snippets you shared.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.