Saturday, July 1, 2023

July 1st's Weekly TV Thoughts

Welcome to July.  We're going to kick off the month with some TV thoughts, including on a season and a series finale.

American Ninja Warrior – When someone goes fast and pulls it off, I love it.  But when someone stumbles because they were going fast, I always want to yell at them to slow down.  Which might or might not help.  So happy for the father and son going to the semis.  Just hope they don’t make them race each other.

Superman & Lois – A rather underwhelming season finale.  Would have hated it to be a series finale.  But so little action, so little drama.  Yes, some thing changed, but when you look at the first couple of seasons, this was so mild.  And then the cliffhanger.  I don’t know, didn’t do much for me either.  I’m glad the show is coming back so we can find out what was going on, but it was a weak episode of an outstanding season.

Gotham Knights – I can’t believe they pulled that off.  They really did a good job of wrapping up the storyline.  Yes, it is obvious what they intended to build on if they were picked up for season two, but I’m satisfied with where they left the characters.  And I’m glad I stuck this one out because I enjoyed the show overall.

Hot Wheels: Ultimate Challenge – Those were quite the builds.  I mean, they looked nothing like cars or even hot wheels to me, but they were creative and fun.  Definitely agreed with the judges on which one should be the winner.

Secret Invasion – I’m getting into this story a bit more now.  I can see what they are building to.  I’ll stick around and hope that the pay off is worth it at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.