Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Ornament Review: Sweets for My Sweet - Season's Treatings Special Edition #1 - 2020 Ornament


Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Valentine’s sweets in decorative form
Cons: Too busy drooling to list cons
The Bottom Line:
Valentine’s Day treats
Displayed on many levels
Sure to make you drool




Chocolate and Cookies to Celebrate Valentine’s Day

Holidays are just an excuse to eat sweets.  Oh, that may not be the official reason for them, but think about a holiday that doesn’t involve a sweet treat.  It’s hard to come up with one, isn’t it?  So the only surprise to me when Hallmark announced they would release four special edition ornaments to add to their Season’s Treatings ornament line was that they hadn’t done this sooner.  The first of these four ornaments is Sweets for My Sweet, which revolves around this month’s holiday – Valentine’s Day.

Someone must be loved because this ornament features a three-tiered platter of sweets for Valentine’s Day.  Yes, I most often think of chocolate when I think of this holiday, and two of the three levels are developed to it.  The very top platter has chocolates from a fine chocolatier on it.  On the next level is something slightly healthier – chocolate covered strawberries.  (I said slightly.)  Finally, if you want something in addition to chocolate, we get three sugar cookies topped with frosting.  The display itself has three platters that get smaller as they go up with a silver pole in the middle and a heart up on top.  The edges of the platter are decorated in red.

Like the ornaments in the official series, just looking at this ornament is enough to make my mouth water.  They look good enough to eat.  So if you are sticking with your New Year’s resolution to watch what you eat, you won’t want to put this ornament out.  (And could you send me some of your self-control while you’re at it?)  However, if you’ve already fallen off the wagon, you’ll love this one.  I’m not much of a sugar cookie person, but I do love chocolate, so those top tiers are definitely calling to me.

Most of the time with this series, I recommend against setting the ornaments out to be displayed.  I’m going to make an exception in this case.  This is a tiered platter.  It’s whole purpose is to be set out to be displayed.  Of course, my usual reason for recommending against setting the ornaments out is because they are mostly flat and you won’t see what is on them.  Obviously, that isn’t the case here.

That’s a good thing since I don’t have much to hang non-Christmas ornaments on.  However, if you do hang ornaments for Valentine’s day, you’ll appreciate the loop at the top of the ornament.  You’ll find that ornament hangs straight.

Some of these series Hallmark has done that take their popular Christmas ornament series and use them for other holidays have had series markers on them and been treated as their own separate series.  That’s not the case here.  You won’t find a series marker as these are considered special editions of the regular Season’s Treatings series.

No matter what they call it, I’m delighted with Sweets for My Sweet.  I’ll enjoy drooling over this ornament for Valentine’s to come.

Enjoy more seasons treats with the rest of the Season's Treatings series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.