Saturday, January 29, 2022

January 29th's Weekly TV Thoughts

 Around the World in 80 Days – Just got to get those little digs in.  Having said that, I did like the character development we got in this episode.  I’m very interested to see how they are going to wrap all this up.  And yes, we’ve got several more episodes to go before we find out.

Legends of the Hidden Temple – That was a painful legend.  Seriously, I was fast forwarding through some of the retelling because I was cringing at the pain so much.  I’m surprised the green team made it across the mode since he has to eat twice as much stuff.  My hat is off to him.  Of all the times for them to do it, too.  The only time teams had to eat.  The final team was so close to the item.  Just didn’t quite get there.

Superman and Lois – They are bringing the intense already.  I love it.  Those scenes with Clark losing it were wonderful.  That scene between Lois and her father was long overdue (I can tell, not necessarily in the series since this is only the second season).  I’m trying to reconcile this Lucy with the Lucy we met briefly on Supergirl, but maybe I just don’t remember some backstory we were told.  I believe it is the same actress coming back.  And I love how much Lana’s husband is being supportive right now, especially after all they went through last season.

Naomi – Good for her parents punishing her (or at least trying to) when she starts getting so out of hand.  And I’m glad they aren’t keeping any secrets from her any longer either.  The fallout is going to be bad, but I expect they will work through it.  Eventually.  It won’t be easy – this is a TV show after all.  Things are definitely getting interesting.

Wipeout – I was laughing pretty hard at the comedy during the qualifiers.  Pretty classic stuff.  I was rooting for the parents, so I was disappointed they lost by such a little bit.  Okay, I was hoping the Disney loving couple could pull it off, but I wasn’t expecting them to.  I was just disappointed that they walked away.

The Book of Boba Fett – While it was nice to catch up with Mando and find out what’s been going on with him, did he seriously need his own episode?  And so much of it was boring.  I mean, how much time did we need building his new ship?  That’s the kind of thing you do in a montage, not for that long in an episode.  I see others enjoyed this episode, and I enjoyed it to a certain extent, but it was a weak point in the show so far for me.

Legends of Tomorrow – I really could have done without the lectures, especially the scenes between Gwen and Ava.  But the rest?  So much fun!  With time ticking down, I could see the cliffhanger coming.  Now I’m wondering if next week’s episode will take place in real time.  I can’t wait to find out!

Batwoman – Alice had a classic line (the one about the lemon zester).  Very much felt like some lectures alone the way.  I’m kind of surprised they wrap up so many storylines in the episode, although I’m not sure where else they could have gone with them.  But I’m excited to see where they go from that cliffhanger.  And Mary is going to have quite a bit she is going through as a result of her time as Poison Ivy.

The Amazing Race – They let them stew about doing this jump for two and a half hours?  Seriously?  That was just cruel!  As someone who hates heights, I can’t imagine what they went through.  At least I can understand why Sheri wound up doing it, safety reasons.  I was wondering about that from the preview last week.  At least there were no major meltdowns at top.  Not sure I would have done as well as they did.  You knew the flight attendant were lost as soon as they started talking about navigational skills.  Not surprised that this was a non-elimination leg.  The new rules about how and when the teams leave is definitely going to help those at the end of the pack catch up to the front.  I do appreciate that since it makes it more of a race that way.

United States of Al – Al is usually the smart one.  I was actually a little surprised at how stupid he was when it came to his part of this episode.  Or romance in general, actually.  On the other hand, I really enjoyed Riley and Hazel’s storyline.  That had the best laughs of the night for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.